Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone from Ambient Design still read these?

Does anyone from Ambient Design still read these?

Back in 2006-ish when I first encountered ArtRage and this forum, I was blown away by the sense of connection with the development team and the excitement of helping to grow a new and powerful software. I had the privilege of participating over the years in alpha and beta testing as things grew. I made contributions to the tool presets, canvas presets and many of my most cherished feature requests became realities of ArtRage. As the world has changed and time has gone on, I have lost touch with the development team and the sense of direction I felt I had with regard to the growth of ArtRage as a tool set. I only preface with this because I want to find connection once again, but only if it is still thriving and in a state of growth. I am now on a path toward full time illustration with a side of online teaching. I plan to highlight my favorite digital painting software in a series of brief lessons which point up some techniques I've learned in my time making pictures. I want to be sure I am positioning myself well as I commit to these efforts and will only wish to highlight tools that have a future of continued development. One of the exciting aspects of Vitae, is the connectivity possible with other artists via the shared painting feature wherein two can paint on the same picture. I need explore that more fully.

If anyone (Andy I'm thinking of you) still has any interest in connection and catching up, that is what this post is about. I tried a couple of times over the past couple of years to reach out and got no response. The biggest thing that makes me ask the questions pointed at the vitality and future of Vitae, is its very close resemblance to AR6. I realize that goals change and teams change and that a company must make good choices for the health of said company. I still use ArtRage nearly every day and I still imagine it being central to my creative practices going forward. That said the competition for my use of pixels is becoming fierce. There are tools now that offer liquid dynamic flow (I challenged you with that thought years ago Andy) and that work with the underlying substrate to create very realistic 'natural media' results.

The long and short of this is that I have choices to make for my endeavors and it would help very much to have a frank conversation (speculation is fine) about what might be in store from future versions of ArtRage Vitae. I also recognize that nobody owes me a single word of response. I hope I don't come across as invasive or demanding.

I'm off to continue my work. I will watch for a response here or in a direct message and that will tell me everything I need to know.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I hear you David tho my use of ArtRage is purely as a hobbyist. I am saddened that the forum no longer draws the conversations that once kept it alive. We have lost many contributors and they have not been replaced. I find that I have not been posting here as often as I had in the past - I receive more response elsewhere. It seems pointless to show a painting that goes ignored. Tho when you look at the numbers of visitors - sometimes 800+ - it would be nice if some of those could comment. Every day it seems we see a new member but seldom hear from them.

I don't have an answer but it gets depressing to continually see the message "Sorry there are no posts to view".
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks Enug, I suppose I might be guilty of tracing shadows in the sand and expecting the sun to stay in agreement. Genuine human connection is badly missing from much of the world right now. I hope people still find peace and kinship here.
    Be well,

I feel that one of the pitfalls is the archaic forum board format. People want a like/love button to quickly share when they only have a minute to offer a click. Taking the time to write up a response to someone and hoping they notice is something people don't do as much as years ago.
    Be well,

To contribute just my two cents: ArtRage Vitae was a step into a wrong direction for me. I can't see valuable inventions for my needs.

I don't want to buy my productive creative apps on the Microsoft Store, because it has a lot of disadvantages for me. I already regreted that I purchased Affinity Photo and Publisher there. Will not do it again. And I'm not interested in this Instagram-like social media options. Many people may like it, I don't need it. I would have prefered if the ArtRage-staff would have fixed some bugs that are well known for years, like e.g. the crashing Docking Mode, if you drag a Sticker from a Sticker Sheet. It existed in ArtRage 6 right from the start, and as far as I know it still exists in Vitae. Instead of valuable progress, I see some regressions for the customers. Suddenly the upgrade discount for people who already owned a version of ArtRage was time limited. Suddenly one was only able to install his app on only one system/computer. To install it on a Linux system was suddenly impossible.

The tendency of development simply doesn't fit my needs, so I didn't buy Vitae, and I will not in the future. Sad but true. I still take a look into this Forums sometimes, but I'm not really motivated to be part of it any longer.

Smile Philippe Rivrain Polygraphie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imago.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	102333Click image for larger version. 

ID:	102333Click image for larger version. 

ID:	102333
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]102334[/ATTACHClick image for larger version. 

Name:	275588080_2942556106042353_1131109168706671871_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	102334
    petit problème de fonctionnementClick image for larger version. 

Name:	275588080_2942556106042353_1131109168706671871_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	102334Click image for larger version. 

ID:	102333Name:  imago2.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  92.8 KB

Wink tellement de logiciels super !

J'utilise Gimp et c'est bien, artrage depuis des années aussi depuis le 2.5 et je m'adapte à la demo 6 avec attention, j'aime beaucoup et je renvoi à mes amis, vraiment.

Name:	claire a.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	102336

Name:	claire a.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	102336xnwiew aussi avec les plugins de photoshop, trés drôle

I feel the same. Several of the most consistent contributors have left the forums and forums as a whole seem to have little artistic life anymore. I regret this particularly as I posted a lot around 2013-2016 (under the username ‘hypotaxis’) and got enormous encouragement from quite a number of artists here. It really helped me become a much better artist. It’s sad to see it gone.

I agree it's sad to see the forum dying but how do we resurrect it? I too post here rarely these days as there is little response. We need to encourage those members who join just to get a solution to a problem to return and post their paintings. Then it is up to us (all) to applaud their efforts and offer encouragement. If we want members to connect with us and acknowledge our posts we should make an effort and return the favour. Just saying!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

I agree with all of that. I am cautious about advising other artists because I have no training myself and haven’t been painting very long, so it feels a bit arrogant. Maybe I just need to get over myself, eh? But if the forums are going to revive it will take people like us to do it.