Thread: ArtRage Vitae Mac vs PC

ArtRage Vitae Mac vs PC

The thing I’m seeing Vitae sold on is that you can access it from anywhere without dealing with licensing or serial numbers. I currently have a Mac laptop and a desktop PC (so Windows). Will I be able to access my copy of Artrage from either device?

Also, how will gifting a copy of Artrage work?

you will need to purchase two copies of artrage vitae to use on mac and windows respectively because app store licenses are not transferrable between two platforms. the 50 % discount promo artrage currently has running might be handy for that.

here's a guide to gifting apps for mac os/ios devices. I'm not sure how windows store handles this, but I'm sure there's some similar functionality somewhere in it.

Let’s say I get it for my Mac and have it through the Apple store. Then my laptop dies and maybe I don’t get another Mac. I just lose Vitae right? But if I have Artrage 6 I can just uninstall it from my Mac and reinstall on my PC?

Quote Originally Posted by piwright View Post
    Let’s say I get it for my Mac and have it through the Apple store. Then my laptop dies and maybe I don’t get another Mac. I just lose Vitae right?
    technically you will still have it in a suspended state on the list of purchased apps in your apple store profile in case you will come back to using apple computers.

But if I have Artrage 6 I can just uninstall it from my Mac and reinstall on my PC?
    with AR6 you can have it installed simultaneously on windows and mac with no need to remove anything before installing on a 2nd OS. you will need to activate the app with s/n you receive after purchasing it, and from there you can go straight to painting.

I'm not sure if you can run it on two systems simultaneously though (I never had to do so, but some other packages have clear licensing restrictions only allowing you to run one app instance per painting session.)

Oh so I can install AR6 on both computers and use either, just so long as I don’t have the program opened on both at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by piwright View Post
    Oh so I can install AR6 on both computers and use either, just so long as I don’t have the program opened on both at the same time?
    yep! I'm not even sure there's a requirement of only running one artrage instance per time - I just assumed that one.

according to this thread you're allowed to run artrage on several machines for personal use:

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ter-to-another

(licensing system and TOS in artrage lite and 6 should be identical.)