Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRAge Vitae and Wacom Tablet

ArtRAge Vitae and Wacom Tablet

Is there a known issue with ArtRage Vitae and getting it to work with a Wacom 24" tablet? I can drag it to the tablet, but if I try to maximize the app, it either kicks back over to my monitor, non-maximized or it creates two smaller windows on the tablet.

Thank you for reading.

I will give this a try. I'm not sure if you can install the Wacom Cintiq as a 'tablet' but if you can this would make sense, because I think the largest Wacom tablet is 12". The driver is perhaps trying to divide the Window into two 12" tablet platforms. If this might be the case, uninstall the Wacom driver and reinstall as a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24(?) (monitor) according to the exact model # if possible.

If you already properly installed the Cintiq, make sure the driver settings did not get changed to make it think you were on a tablet. It is possible on some Wacom drivers to make exceptions for a particular program. Check to see if you have ArtRage set up incorrectly in the Wacom driver.

If you have A VERY LARGE TABLET... ignore the above
    Last edited by MAB; 11-30-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Hi MAB,

Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear. It is a Wacom Cintiq 24Pro. It is showing up in my Displays. I am running Windows 10, which is up-to-date. I installed the Wacom using the Wacom Desktop Center. The drivers are up-to-date.

In Art Rage preferences, I have the choices of Wintab and Precise Tablet. Not sure which of these is the correct setting, or if none should be selected. There isn't an option for Wacom.

I think you are referring to the Cintiq Pro 24, if you have a Cintiq Pro 24 (model DTK-2420) or Cintiq Pro 24 Touch (DTH-2420, DTH-2421) this should be the correct 'Wacom driver' for your device, Driver 6.3.44-3 https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/...drivers#latest

As far as ArtRage, go to > Edit (top left title bar) > ArtRage Preferences > Input Device - Under 'Tablet Options' You can easily try with and without Wintab and Precise options and various combinations. If the Cintiq is not 'Wintab' compatible that would mess it up. You might also try changing 'Use Realtime Stylus' and 'Touch input' options to see what happens.

My hunch is that the answer is in the Wacom driver. Uninstall and reinstall the Wacom driver above from Wacom's web site (stay away from anything that says 'tablet' instead of 'Cintiq') and see if that works.
    Last edited by MAB; 12-02-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Yes, I have the DTK-2420. The latest driver is what I have, but I reinstalled it.

I tried all the different settings and it still doesn't work. Which is odd because Art Rage 6 worked fine with it.

Try This

I can't get to my Windows computer with the Wacom driver right now; if you need the specifics I will clear off that desk
    In general... you will need to open the Wacom driver (where you set the pen switches, pressure, etc.). There is a place to set up custom settings for a specific application. Add ArtRage Vitae to the choices. It should then show up as an icon choice in the upper part of the driver window. After adding, click on the Vitae icon, then go to the settings below that change the tablet/Cintiq usable area and play with the settings until it shows the correct view. I believe it will show a graphic response to the changes on the lower right of the Wacom driver window. Again, this is without looking at the set up and may somewhat vary from the actual driver.

If nothing fixes the problem, I would go into the Windows Display setting and make sure the Wacom shows up with Wacom's recommended screen size 3840 x 2160 or whatever, the Pro 24 is 4K... I wonder if this is causing a problem with ArtRage Vitae or your computer system (display card)? I used ArtRage Vitae with an older Wacom Pro 21 and had no problem.

Oh heck. Let's not be so mean as to have you dig your way through to the Windows device.

Let me play with those settings some and get back to you.

You're in Kiwi land, yes? I'll try to get back to you before the end of your day.
    Last edited by Rose06309; 12-04-2021 at 12:32 AM.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the EXE as it's not in the Ambient Design folder. It's in a protected folder, thanks to MS. I'm unable to configure it using the Wacom app.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose06309 View Post
    I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the EXE as it's not in the Ambient Design folder. It's in a protected folder, thanks to MS. I'm unable to configure it using the Wacom app.
    Hi Rose,
    Although I’m not on Windows, and I also don’t have a Cintiq sadly but Wacom’s Preferences panels are fairly universal in how they work with their upper end products I think.
    So with that assumption and your Cintiq conected…
    1: Launch ArtRage Vitae
    2: Open Wacom Preferences
    3: Click the + icon to the right of the area showing the apps already added
    4: You should now get a dropdown showing apps that are currently running. ARV should be one of them.
    5: Select it and add it to the list of apps and then configure it to taste.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 13.13.39.png
Views: 4147
Size:  212.4 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you Mark. You may have saved me from a desk avalanche... and to show I was not kidding...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211203_140111 (2).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	102095