Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ArtRAge Vitae and Wacom Tablet

Okay, I was able to work with the Wacom settings but it's a no go. Vitae will not work with my Cintq or system. I'm also guessing I won't be able to get a refund. But at least I didn't pay full price for it.

Edited to add: That desk configuration is a familiar one.

Sorry to hear you’re still not getting anywhere with this problem Rose
    Sadly as I don’t have any of the hardware+OS that you are using I can’t help as much here as I would have liked.
    Maybe MAB will have some more thoughts…?
    But I would also suggest that you contact Ambient Design directly and see if they can’t offer a solution that gets your Cintiq and ARV playing nicely together.
    They can be contacted by email at: [email protected]
    Or via the support web page here: https://www.artrage.com/get-support/
    I really hope you can get back up and running again soon with ARV on your Cintiq.

And to you MAB, all I can say of that desk is OMG! But then again us creatives are seldom tidy!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hey Mark,

Thank you for the offer.

I did reach out to support, so I'm waiting to hear. Probably next week. For now I uninstalled Vitae.

Yea, MAB has a similar desk configuration that I do.

Much thanks to Andy in support for fixing this issue.

In Art Rage Preferences > Interface I had to uncheck Retina and High DPI Screen Input. That allows it to work with my Cintq.

He also indicated there would be an update coming out to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by MAB View Post
    the Pro 24 is 4K... I wonder if this is causing a problem with ArtRage Vitae or your computer system (display card)? I used ArtRage Vitae with an older Wacom Pro 21 and had no problem.
    It would be a shame not to be able to use the Cintiq with ArtRage. Glad you are able to use it now and Andy could help. I had a hunch it had to do with the 4K resolution from comments on the Internet from other 4k users but could not put my finger on the exact settings to change. Have fun painting...

Hi MAB,

I started off using AR6 with the old Cintq 21UX. When it died, I replaced it with the Cintq Pro. At no time did I have to alter any of the settings in AR6. It worked just fine. When I upgraded to ARV, I thought it would work just fine, too. My display card didn't change, so I didn't think the problem was with that.

Oh my, yes. It would be a total crime to not be able to use AR with a Cintq. Off to do some art!

Thank you.

Old Screens

Something about ARV did not like the HD of the 4k resolution, I'm sure Andy or one of the programmers will figure it out and make the needed corrections. I am finding that Windows 11 does not like the Intel graphics but has no problem with NVIDIA (I have one screen using Intel card and two using NVIDIA). Thankfully, help on YouTube is plentiful

When my Cintiq 21 was giving up the ghost, XP-PEN had a deal on the 22R pen screen that I could not refuse (including a free ArtRage 6). Using three monitors I just do not have room for a 24". I was so impressed with the 22R that I ended up moving the Wacom tablet to the old computer (the disaster desk in the posted photo) and bought an XP-PEN tablet with another choice of free software (I chose OpenCanvas 7). To my pleasant surprise, the pen tablet and screen work together, with the pen from one working seamlessly with the other. That also makes the pens interchangeable, which means extra pens The only negative I have on the XP-PEN so far is that the pens are more fragile than the Wacom pens... you do not want to drop one. The good news is the pens are in the $16US cost range.

When you get a good deal on hardware, with a free program that you're into, it's hard to pass on a deal like that. My desktop is full with my monitor and Cintiq. My graphics card can't handle anything more. At this point, I'm okay with just one monitor, but it would be nice to have the option to add another one if I need to.

I've had the best of luck with nVidia graphic cards. I've never owned a Mac because I can build a better machine for less money. I got the ARV update and tried turning Retina & High DPI Screen Support and it opens up oversized. I couldn't change the option back until I closed ARV, turned of the Cintiq and reopened ARV on my monitor. I played with the setting a bit, but still the same. I turned if off and it's working normally again. I don't know if Andy or anyone else in support checks the forums, but this is what my Cintq looked like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARV-cintq.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	102124

resolution

Check your card, Wacom and Windows display drivers for a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160. Change the setting to 1920 x 1080, then start ARV.

Thank you, MAB!

The Windows settings needed tweaking.