Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Experience With Art Rage Vitae

My First Experience With Art Rage Vitae

This has got to be the most challenging thing ever attempted using Art Rage.

As I mentioned in the General Chat section of this Forum on someones' thread asking "Where Has Everyone Gone" this is the painting that my first experience with Art Rage Vitae involves.
    I decided from looking in a "History of Art Book" as a challenge to produce a digital painting of a work created by a historic Dutch master "Peter Paul Rubens" entitled "The 'Marrigage of Marie de' Medici to Henri IV of France'.
    This digital image painting will probably take some time to complete yet as a start I am showing a start up. Will update as I progress and welcome suggestions and comments. This is a crude start up and will involve some time to complete or at least a point where I get frustrated and call it quits or cut off point. There is a lot of intricate fine detail in this painting especially the attire (clothing).

I have seen it mentioned here that someone should start a challenge and this might be an idea for such. A challenge might involve everyone attempting the same painting using a photo reference of some historical well known artist and see how close all that enter the challenge can recreate that natural media painting in an Art Rage digital format. Someone might find an interesting painting on line and place the link in the challenge thread here for everyone to use as a reference. This could lead to some really challenging experience and interesting results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter Paul Rubens The Marriage 12o Painting.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	428.6 KB 
ID:	102063  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 11-16-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Wow, I'm impressed. With that level of detail what resolution is the canvas you are working with?
    Gateway Creator Series Laptop, Ryzen 5 4000 Series 8GB DDR4, Vitae + ArtRage 5, Huion Q11K/XP-PEN Artist 12

19 by 22 inch., started with 76 resolution, have since moved to 300dpi.
    In this progress image one of the editing features of Art Rage (Vitae and 6) came in handy. Needed to resize the hand held cross staff to a larger size, saved a lot of time painting the whole thing over, instead simply used the hard freehand option and increased the size. Did a lot of the same to get all the heads relatively equal and balanced in perspective. Still a long way from completion, lots more work needed.

Name:	Peter Paul Rubens The Marriage 13a Painting.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	102136  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 12-30-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Here's an update after some progress made.
    Since last posting of an image ran into an obstacle. The size of the digital painting was accumulating too much memory, reached a level of 294mb at a size of 5700 X 6618, 300 dpi. The reason I stress too much memory is that the program was beginning to run very slowly and occasionally freeze. To alleviate the situation the image was reduced to 2842px X 3300px and 96 dpi, with an end result of a 82mb size file. If I had continued with the original size the problems of slowing and freezing would get worse. The larger size is better for exploding views to high levels for close attention and work on details. Still a long way to go.

Name:	Peter Paul Rubens The Marriage 13e8ab11s3H6 Painting.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	495.0 KB 
ID:	102429  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 06-24-2022 at 05:09 AM.

Here's my latest update on this painting after some additional work. I am beginning to believe this painting and thread may continue for at least a year, there is an incredible amount of detail that needs attention in this painting and my time is not 24-7 on improving. Will continue to upload newer images as progress continues.

Name:	Peter Paul Rubens The Marriage 15 for upload to AR Painting.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	102430  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 06-24-2022 at 05:10 AM. Reason: updating image progress

Perfect! Your creation is amazing. The outfit you draw looks exquisite. It's very detailed and realistic looking real.

Goodness, there is so much lush detail there. I can well imagine it will take a year to complete, but its definitely looking good so far. How are you finding Vitae? I am doing a portrait and it is 6000x4000 pixel 300 dpi (68.7m) I'm using the previous version and not having issues with my PC crashing. So not sure whether I need to update, as not much artistic wise seems changed.

Cool Make a laser engraver to engrave this printing

Can I use a laser machine to make this printing can last longer?

Yes, you can do it with Monport laser machine

Wow! Thats wonderful!