Thread: Tool Presets Folder option does nothing on Artrage Vitae 7.1.3 from Windows store

Tool Presets Folder option does nothing on Artrage Vitae 7.1.3 from Windows store

I am using ArtRage Vitae 7.1.3
    On Windows 11 (Purchase from Windows Store)

When I wish to import resources I open View / Tool Presets. I then use the dropdown menu and select Tool Presets Folder ...

Nothing happens. I had assumed that a explorer window would open. There isn't an error response or any other indicator that anything happened

Hello cozancin and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well yes, your assumption is correct, it should have opened an OS driven navigation window for you. It’s possible this is a Windows 11 specific bug
    Out of interest can you access that folder OK from the Menubar by using: Tools > Brows Content Folders?
    Unfortunately I’m on a Mac so can’t try this directly myself. But hopefully some kind Win 11 user will chip in here…

In the meantime ARV 7.1.4 went live on the Store just the other day and it could be worth letting that install and see if the behaviour changes.

If you find you still can’t resolve it here then I would suggest contacting Ambient Design about it here: https://www.artrage.com/get-support/
    Or by email to: [email protected]
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hello cozancin,

I am using ArtRageVitae and Windows 11. I can open tool presets Tools/BrowseContentsFolder/ToolPresetsFolder. Tools/View/ToolPresets allows you to import a preset from your H/D.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-02 074217.png
Views: 412
Size:  35.9 KB

Are you wanting to import presets from a previous version of ArtRage?
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

[QUOTE=markw;539460]Hello cozancin and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well yes, your assumption is correct, it should have opened an OS driven navigation window for you. It’s possible this is a Windows 11 specific bug
    Out of interest can you access that folder OK from the Menubar by using: Tools > Brows Content Folders?
    Unfortunately I’m on a Mac so can’t try this directly myself. But hopefully some kind Win 11 user will chip in here…

In the meantime ARV 7.1.4 went live on the Store just the other day and it could be worth letting that install and see if the behaviour changes.

I tried Tools > Browse Content Folders / Tools Preset Folder and received an error message box saying:

AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage\Content\Tool Presets\Custom Brush is unavailable.

I check that path and Ambient Design is not found under AppData\Roaming.

I did find the artrage content at:

AppData\Local\Packages\663BD856.ArtRageVitae_ssveh nbfdb2tt\LocalCache\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Hello cozancin,

I am using ArtRageVitae and Windows 11. I can open tool presets Tools/BrowseContentsFolder/ToolPresetsFolder. Tools/View/ToolPresets allows you to import a preset from your H/D.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-02 074217.png
Views: 412
Size:  35.9 KB

Are you wanting to import presets from a previous version of ArtRage?
    I can add a group and then import a preset into that group. Unfortunatly, with dozens of Brush presets that is a bit of work. I did manage to create an ArtRage Pack containing all the brushes. I can install / uninstall the brushes (just not to the expected location)