Thread: Active watercolors

Active watercolors

Is it possible that watercolors and other wet media interacting with the paper like in Rebelle, Fresco and Corel can be implemented?. Would it require a complete rewrite of the code?

I love Artrage but this feature would allow me to use Artrage only, rather than swapping in and out of other programs. I'm a traditional watercolor artist and paint interacting with the paper and the ability to do LIFTING IS very important. ANY thought?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Artrage does not currently have anything similar to the realtime fluid simulation of rebelle and the other apps (therefore, with artrage you have a faster working, very responsive watercolor tool.)

do you have an example of a finished painting you're trying to replicate here, so I could suggest some workarounds if they're within my knowledge of this application?

Active watercolors

I understand your point that Artrage has a number of ways to simulate the results of wet on wet watercolors etc. But still the sort of accidental results in traditional watercolor has its merits. I like to do dynamic skies and like the way the colors bleed into each other th very small tendrils resulting from the paper texture and Fibre.

I'd like to attach an example but can't figure out how in this message
    Steve

Hello sschram168 and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    If it helps for future reference, the attached shows the basic steps to adding an image to a post.
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  166.2 KB
    Last edited by markw; 10-20-2021 at 04:07 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hi. MARK

I don't see any of the edit commands or icons on my android phone

Steve

Ah, you’re on a mobile! In that case I don’t think you can Looks like that UI is restricted to text posts only.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

you can just copy and paste links for the images if uploading them on the board doesn't work out. there's also a free image hosting at imgur.com, they give you bb code for forum image posting when you post something through their service.

I'll leave a generic watercolor tutorial for artrage 4 watercolors - those largely haven't changed yet compared to artrage 5/6/vitae (7), there were speed improvements along with the program code upgrade, but just to make sure you're familiar with the terminology and everything -

https://www.artrage.com/greek-archwa...ial-artrage-4/

it is a fairly barebones example of what the watercolor tool does out of the box, but I need to see a specific reference to go further, because for some things artrage can be used wonderfully with a little bit of preparation work done outside, for some things it is better stick to another package that will do the job...

I personally have always been impressed by the flowing water physics in rebelle, but the canvas size limitations and performance in that application back in the day always held me back.

I'm going to go through that tutorial in detail because after scanning through it I noticed several things about Artrage I've missed. Thanks for sending me the link. I'll upload several of my watercolors when I switch to the Artrage messaging on my desktop. AGAIN THANKS
    Steve