Thread: ArtRage Vitae Desktop for iMac & LightRoom Question

ArtRage Vitae Desktop for iMac & LightRoom Question

Hi, I'm getting ready to purchase ArtRage. Does anyone know if I import a .psd file created in ArtRage into LightRoom, could I then launch ArtRage from LightRoom as I can with other plugins (Photoshop, Topaz, NIK, etc.)? Will ArtRage show up as a plugin?

Thanks,
    Peter

Hi, I don't think ArtRage will show up as a plugin as it's only a stand-alone app as far as I can tell.

I don't actually use Adobe Lightroom, but do use On1 Photo Raw, which is an app along the same lines as Lightroom. With that you get the option to send files including .psd files, to other editing apps by right clicking on the image. It's not quite as seamless as a plugin but it works fine. With Photo Raw if you have already edited the image you are prompted if you want to edit the original file.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 22.52.23.png
Views: 635
Size:  73.9 KB
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hi, I don't think ArtRage will show up as a plugin as it's only a stand-alone app as far as I can tell.

I don't actually use Adobe Lightroom, but do use On1 Photo Raw, which is an app along the same lines as Lightroom. With that you get the option to send files including .psd files, to other editing apps by right clicking on the image. It's not quite as seamless as a plugin but it works fine. With Photo Raw if you have already edited the image you are prompted if you want to edit the original file.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 22.52.23.png
Views: 635
Size:  73.9 KB
    Thanks for the reply, Juno! I just purchased ArtRage today. I'll give your method a try soon.

Congrats on getting ArtRage, and welcome to the forum too.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Congrats on getting ArtRage, and welcome to the forum too.
    Thank you!