Hello all,

I've always been fascinated by the natural world particularly fish, birds, insects and small mammals like bats and moles.

With that in mind...

I'm taking a short online course on natural history drawing, which so far seems to mainly focus on sketching with pencils. This has immediately taken me out of my comfort zone as I've never really enjoyed using pencils. I’m not quite sure why, but I think it’s because they easily smudge. I also actually prefer bold inky lines and strong colours.

Anyway, I've been using ArtRage for some of the early sketching lessons and in the process discovered some very useful brushes (link below). They were made by 'Someonesane', (S.O.S) a name I remember well from the past.

His 'brushes' are actually sticker sprays but work just like pencils. He even created a few palette knife settings to blend the pencil lines. The brushes were originally created in 2013, but load up into ArtRage Vitae without any problem.

The pencils can be downloaded and installed as an .arpack from this page:
https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...61-Pencil-pack

If anyone knows of other ArtRage pencil drawing related resources worth investigating it would be great to hear about them!

The image below gives an idea of how the brushes work using the Sticker Spray tool:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pencils.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	368.6 KB 
ID:	102004