Smile Stylised character scene

Concept scene for a designed character.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaotic color fix.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	101976

Information about the art
    A very stylised artwork of a character that I designed and posted here on this forum.
    It started out as a conceptual piece that was meant to take my head away from the usual concept art at work. I could have spent some more time on it honestly.
    However, I started to play around with some effects like blurring the image multiple times in different ways. Not sure if the latest version of Artrage has these effects as options included... I am currently using Artrage 4 :P
    I might upgrade it in the future... And maybe in the future I can try something more traditional? Who knows...

Well, you wasted no time in showing us a new image!
    As a concept or preliminary piece for a painting this works quite well I think
    With a canvas of those proportions I think I would consider adding some elements that naturally lead the eye back to the central focus again.
    But you have successfully conveyed the feel of a poorly lit alley at night and being confronted with our "hero"?
    I also like the use of the graffiti on the wall behind her with the ring shape forming a “halo” above her which gets me rooting for her!

As for bluring things AR4 dose have the Blur panel which can blur an entire layer or you can fist select an area of a layer and then activate it to only affect the selected area.
    And then there are various bluring effects that can be done by using the Knife tool.

I think ArtRage Vitae is still on offer at the moment, so now perhaps would be the time to upgrade if you are thinking about it.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks markw
    Yea, I could have made these flying particles move away from her instead of randomly flying around. Maybe this would help putting more focus on her.
    As for upgrading... I am really considering but I wonder if I would still have my imported / custom brushes

Ah, flying particles! Perhaps a little “motion blur” could be added to them using the Knife tool set on Flat with a high Pressure % and drag the trailing edges of the particles toward the focal point.
    The amount of “smearing” will also depend in part on which tool you used when painting the particles, thinner, dryer media being less inclined to smear.

When upgrading, ARV will install as a separate program so you should have no permanent loss of content you have added to AR4 already.
    I think, as part of the install process, ARV copies over any pre-existing AR content to itself automatically?
    But it would all be there still to import manually if needed.
    Last edited by markw; 10-01-2021 at 11:08 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram