Thread: Deleting Stencil Groups?

Deleting Stencil Groups?

I have organized my stencils into consolidated groups (folders) so I have fewer group items listed in the Stencils Panel. I deleted the empty folders from the Stencils Folder so instead of having 16 groups I should have 7, but the Stencils Panel still shows all of the groups even though the ones I emptied and deleted are now just "empty" in the panel. How do I delete the groups? (I emptied Buttons, Comic, Festive, etc, and put them in a new group call Various Stencils but I still see the groups listed.)
    Does that make sense? I tried right-clicking on the names, nothing happens. I looked in the drop-down and there's no option.
    I've checked in 6 and Vitae and it seems the same. I'm using these two versions on a PC.

True, Groups can not be deleted from within the Stencils panel and have to be removed “by hand”, as it were, from the root Stencils folder.
    This is by design I think, but it could just be an oversight?
    After restarting AR the Stencils panel will reflect the new state of things.

But as you have found the default Stencil Groups that ship with AR can not be deleted from the Stencil’s panel, even if the corresponding folders have been deleted from the root Stencils folder.
    Again, I think this is by design?
    Any other user added Groups however will be deleted from the Stencils panel if their corresponding folder/s is/are deleted or otherwise moved from the root Stencils folder.

This screenshot shows the default Groups that always show in the Stencils panel even after deleting the folders they point to:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 19.27.35.png
Views: 557
Size:  82.9 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

That's frustrating...

Thanks for the reply Mark.
    That's frustrating since it makes for a cluttered UI.
    I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    True, Groups can not be deleted from within the Stencils panel and have to be removed “by hand”, as it were, from the root Stencils folder.
    This is by design I think, but it could just be an oversight?
    After restarting AR the Stencils panel will reflect the new state of things.

But as you have found the default Stencil Groups that ship with AR can not be deleted from the Stencil’s panel, even if the corresponding folders have been deleted from the root Stencils folder.
    Again, I think this is by design?
    Any other user added Groups however will be deleted from the Stencils panel if their corresponding folder/s is/are deleted or otherwise moved from the root Stencils folder.

This screenshot shows the default Groups that always show in the Stencils panel even after deleting the folders they point to:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 19.27.35.png
Views: 557
Size:  82.9 KB