Thread: Can't move Artrage Vitae to my secondary screen

Can't move Artrage Vitae to my secondary screen

I'm using a full version Artrage Vitae on Windows 10, Surface Pro, with a secondary monitor XP-PEN 22R Pro

The Toggle window Fullscreen button on the top right corner (next to the minimize button) doesn't work at all, so I can't move my Artrage window to the secondary screen. This problem doesn't happen with my Artrage 6. Anyone experience similar issues? Thanks!

Hello jay99 and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, this is a known bug, and is linked to the option; ’Retina & High DPI Screen Support’ in ARV’s Interface Preferences.
    Turning this option Off lets the toggle work, but then you lose the HiDPI support!
    Till the toggle button gets fixed, a better workaround perhaps for Windows users, without loosing HiDPI support, would be to set a key command to trigger the Full Screen toggle.
    This can be done via the ‘Set Keyboard Shortcuts’ panel (Menubar: Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts) And is in the last entry at the bottom of the panel; Window Commands.
    For Mac users the standard OS Green traffic-light button found on the left of the app window can be used to re-enter Fullscreen mode again.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thumbs up

Ah, turning off HiDPI works for me. Adding the keyboard shortcut doesn't work with HiDPI on. I guess I'll have to live with this until it's fixed. Thank you markw!

Sorry to hear the shortcut idea didn’t work Lets hope this can be fixed soon.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Same Issue Here...

Looks like I've got the same set up as you (Surface Pro connected to XP-Pen 22R). I've also got the same issue. It has been rather frustrating. I'll try disabling the HiDPI setting and see if that works. Other than that it looks like we will just need to wait for the bug to be fixed.

UPDATE: I disabled the HiDPI setting and it has fixed the issue. Pretty frustrating to lose a big chunk of painting time to a tech issue but that's life!
    Last edited by Bofga; 09-28-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Worth A Try

Don't know if it will work with the Surface Pro, but I have been using UltraMon by 'Realtime' for many years. Working fine with Win10 and the 22R. It is highly adjustable, many setting options.

Let us know if it works!
    Last edited by MAB; 10-07-2021 at 08:24 AM.

This worked in UltraMon

OK, I tried the following in UltraMon and it worked for me in ArtRage6 and ArtRage Vitae.
    Right click on the UltraMon icon (I have it on my taskbar) > Options > click on the 'Hotkeys' tab > choose 'Move window to next monitor' >
    Click on 'Add Hotkey 'button' > Enter desired hotkey, I tried ALT M by holding down the 'ALT' key while tap on 'M' (for Monitor), 'Alt +M' will show in shortcut blank > Click on 'OK' and then on the UltraMon Options box 'OK' again.

I previously noticed that on Maximized screen, the title bar was off the screen on ArtRage6 and ArtRage Vitae (on the XP-PEN 22R). In any event, the above fix was able to move ArtRage from screen to screen on 6 and Vitae.