Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows ArtRage Vitae Purchase Alternative Question

Windows ArtRage Vitae Purchase Alternative Question

Is the Windows/PC version of Vitae only available through MS Store? Can I not purchase it directly from ArtRage as I have the last 3 iterations of the program? (I am not particularly interested in automatic updates, and I don't like doing business with MS Store, I'd rather avoid it if possible.)

Thanks for any assistance.

ArtRage Vitae is only available from the Mac and Microsoft app stores.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I have the same misgivings about acquiring stuff in the new way that Ambient D has gone, but I went ahead and purchased thru microsoft anyway. I do have some questions (since I have not purchased software this way before). I hope savvy folks may help me:

So the software was automatically installed; Where is it installed? (it is not in the same spot as the older versions).
    Will it be upgraded (when it is to be), the same way that ms updates its own software?
    If I don't have access to the internet, does that mean I cannot use this software - since I can't find it on my C drive, where the other version of the prog is installed?
    Are these questions invalid because there is info that I don't have?

Sure would appreciate some elucidation. Thanks.

A btw comment: the email I got said no download. the store did download it and it was much slower than any previous download of AR. Did I misunderstand the 'no download? promise?
    Last edited by colorfrk; 09-18-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Yo tengo la misma duda que escribe COLORFRK. ¿Dónde queda instalada la nueva versión Art Rage Vitae? Ya la estoy probando, chequeando, y es muy buena, pero mi duda es la siguiente: Cuando renueve mi PC, cómo instalo esta versión??? Gracias desde ya.
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Appstore

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    ArtRage Vitae is only available from the Mac and Microsoft app stores.
    Hi, I don't care having business with the Appstore.
    What is bugging me is the lack of Artrage Vitae Tryout.
    Other software sold in the Appstore, such as Pixelmator if my memory is good, are given the option : you can download a watermarked demo on their website.

The argument of the App Store refund option isn't good for me : it can prevent from a future buying on the App Store if I change my mind.

Unhappy Why?

I have just spent the last couple of hours getting excited about upgrading to ArtRage Vitae and now I find I cannot download to my Windows desktop. I have had all the previous versions of ArtRage but it looks like I will be sticking at version 6. I will not be forced to take out accounts with these companies. My account is with the makers of ArtRage, and that should be enough.
    I would be pleased to know the rationale of this decision.

I'm not so upset about the Microsoft store buy thing, except that I usually save a backup of AR and don't want to rely on internet to re-install if the need be. I also don't like that now AR7 can only be installed on a Windows 10 system. Neither of my 2 Windows PC machines are running Win10 - only using 8.1!! Some of my software on the machines need 8.1 and can't be updated as well!! Not ready to change my OS version at this time.

May also have to stay at AR6 for awhile.

To be honest i joined the forums just to ask if there was any way to buy Vitae not through the MS/App stores, but seeing that this thread already existed (and for such a long time!) has completely deflated my excitement about this software. If there is any way of buying it that doesn't involve such messy proprietary means in the future then I will gladly purchase and use this product, but now I am just planning on looking the other way and sticking with companies/software that don't create such severe accessibility issues for their users.

I've been using ArtRage since version 3 and I'm trying to understand what the purpose of this move was? At first I was really excited seeing the collaboration features and was mentioning the sale to many people, but between how untrustworthy and unreliable app stores have been, and how many people are still on older versions of Windows, I don't really know anyone willing to buy it that actually could use it. Can't tell at all where it installs everything so I can't back it up, can't install it on a work machine that has no internet, have to turn off automatic updates for all apps just to prevent it from updating (a good habit for work software when you're in the middle of a project, but annoying to be forced into in the first place), and it's up in the air if it will even open at all when I expect it to, because the app store just "forgets" the computer you're using is turned on and logged in. People can even buy it when they can't even install it, because the web version of the app store lets you do that and how to get a refund is actually kind of unclear. Heck, I can't even leave a review on the app in the store, because it just loads forever when I try. I'm not understanding who this benefits or why it was done.

I have purchased an ArtRage upgrade each of the previous years in the regular way of buy it, get the SN and download the new version from my ArtRage members account.

This year I feel I was tricked when purchasing ArtRage Vitae. This time the purchase process goes through the MS store which is a much more cumbersome and intrusive process, which behind the scenes, creates autonomic renewals in the PayPal account. No serial number was received to register ArtRage Vitae in my ArtRage members account. I don't want to live in the MS store world of software management.

I now need a refund and that in itself is another rabbit hole. There is no option in the MS store to request a refund so I will proceed via PayPal and the credit card company.

Please be aware that the purchase of the new version ArtRage Vitae will get you into a different world than the previous purchase processes.