Thread: Final Touches Prior To Exporting

Final Touches Prior To Exporting

I was wondering if there are any advice & tips regarding anything I should implement in order to ensure good resolution & that the file exports properly & is otherwise accurate & presentable?

Well, this all really depends on what your final output is for? And could possibly vary from one painting to the next.
    You mention “resolution”, and this really needs to be set at the start of a painting, when setting up the canvas, especially if you are intending to print your work.
    Generally 300 ppi/dpi will give good results for images that are to be viewed close too.
    If you could perhaps give a bit more info as to your intentions for your pictures that might help focus any further suggestions.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Alright, I suspected the DPI was off. It was, & has been adjusted accordingly. I will need to do some touching up, but that is going smoothly. I'm new to ArtRage & digital art in general. There is so much to remember to do, so I spaced out on the DPI & PPI, despite realizing something was off. Basically, the primary aesthetic of my art, aside from the theme & tone, is like detailed 2D art like what would be seen in traditional cell animation. I defaulted to the ink pen for that type of appearance, & it gets the job done, in that regard. I plan on having my art made into stickers, decals, posters, shirt decals, & so forth. Thanks

Well then as printing seems to be your end point, it’s worth mentioning that AR dose not use any colour management.
    Effectively it is working in RGB, but any output from AR will not have a colour profile attached to it.
    Most print firms will want files containing a colour profile and if so you will need some other image editing software that can assign a colour profile to the finished images.
    On macOS the built-in viewing app Preview can do this, something similar may be available on Windows?
    Knowing in advance, before starting a project, which print company you are going to use and what their file format requirements are can often save a lot of headaches later on.
    Having the screen/s you are working on correctly colour calibrated is also a good idea so that you know the colour, mid-tones, shadows & highlights you are seeing are as accurate as possible.
    Even so some really “zingy” bright images may not be possible to print as seen on screen and may look slightly duller.
    This is partly because screens emit light and so can be almost infinitely bright. where as printed media on the other hand is relying on reflected light.
    Getting good print results can require some trial and error early on when first entering the world of printing but things will settle down as you find what works for you.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks, for the info. I was already in the process of looking into all the requirements for the company I'm going to be using, so I'll get to that & the color profile. I should have just said I was going to have it printed, but I just wanted to include as much information as possible. I mentioned the type of art I do because its relevant to discussion about resolution, DPI, & PPI.

Did you gain any tips and tricks in your experience or did everything go according to plan from the start?