Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't toggle full screen off and on

Tablet

You might want to check out the weekend sale at XP-PEN (Click on 'Flash Sale"). I just purchased the Deco Pro M ($110 US shipped) to replace my Wacom tablet. The nice thing about these larger tablets (11x6 usable) beside being a great size for drawing, they are excellent for maneuvering over multiple screens (I use three screens simultaneously) using the pen instead of a mouse; more natural when you think about it I configured the pen to transverse the three screens when used on the tablet ('monitor' mode) and only one screen when used on the monitor ('Full Screen'), it is automatic once set up (a touch of a pen switch toggles to the other two screens). For two screens a smaller tablet might be sufficient.
    The bonus with the XP-PEN non-battery pen tablet is that the tablet pen also works seamlessly with my XP-PEN 22R non-battery pen monitor. No need to go from a mouse or pen to another pen, same pen on both media!

Too late MAB! I've just ordered a Huion - tossing up between a display or a drawing tablet. Settled for
    Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet. I've owned a Huion before.

I contacted Christian Studer - his reply "I haven't tested with Windows 11 yet, still waiting for new hardware, but you can try this yourself with the trial version"

I have just the 2nd monitor attached to my laptop - no room on my work area for more - another reason why I decided against a display tablet. I was using an unused TV as a monitor until I lost my laptop and the monitor wouldn't work with the new machine. Too old.

Now I'm hoping Andy and get my ArtRage Vitae downloaded and I'm good to go.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thank you for the update on UltraMon. From what I have been learning about Win 11, it will need something like UltraMon unless 11 is developed further. Well, if my Win 11 upgrade comes through before Christian Studer, I will give the current version a try and report back. My hunch is that we will have to wait for Mr. Studer to upgrade the software before it will be usable.

Your tablet looks very comparable to my XP-PEN and with the wireless tablet feature the price is also reasonable, nice size too, ENJOY! XP-PEN has a Bluetooth version but my Dell is notorious for losing Bluetooth after upgrades so I passed on wireless. I have already lost Bluetooth twice (the Dell is only about a yr old) and it was quite an ordeal to recover... although, I think I have finally figured out how. My second and third monitors are 24" LG's which I see have doubled in price in just a few months since I purchased the last one

Well, it is past midnight here and this old man's bedtime...

Well, I've downloaded the trial but all I've been able to do so far is move a window from one screen to the other and extend the window across two monitors. Should I be able to do anything else?

Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-10 162525.png
Views: 291
Size:  10.9 KB

Much later: I have somehow managed to access my ArtRage Vitae on Win 11. I have to toggle ARV from full screen in order to see Ultramon icons and thus be able to move it to 2nd monitor.
    Last edited by Enug; 10-11-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

What you want (on Windows 10, not sure about 11) is for the UltraMon little two screen icon to show up on the taskbar. When you right click (or whatever in Windows 11) you see the UltraMon menu come up with loads of options UltraMon can do, such as:
    Display Settings
    Display Profiles
    Mirroring
    Screen Saver
    Shortcuts
    Wallpaper
    Desktop Icons
    Secondary Taskbars
    Window Management
    Window Display Properties
    ... and more

When you see the above options, you have struck GOLD

Again, I cannot speak for Windows 11 but you should not have to toggle full screen AVR (glad you got it to work on 11) to switch screens. If you find the UltraMon menu I mentioned in my last post, you might be able to set up the task bars correctly (screen two maybe). Otherwise, I guess I will have wait for 11 and maybe even the next UltraMon version to see what gives...

This is from an earlier post:
    "In UltraMon, 'with ArtRage open' you simply go to the UltaMon taskbar on which ever monitor you set it up for and move the pen over the ArtRage icon on that task bar > a thumbnail will pop up of the current ArtRage screen >
    right click on the thumbnail and click on menu item 'move to monitor...' NO NEED TO TOGGLE SCREEN SIZE The whole process take abt 2 seconds."

Looks UltraMon is not yet ready for Windows 11. I tried to enable Secondary Taskbars but nothing happened. I'll disable and go back to dragging screens between monitors. No hardship. Thanks for your help and if UltraMon is updated, I'll try again.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Moving ARV Screen in Windows 11

They finally got around to sending me the Windows 11 upgrade... so here's the deal...
    When using multiple screens, in order to 'pop' ARV from screen to screen, first set your Windows 11 task bar appropriately...
    Start button > Setting > Personalization (on left) > Taskbar > Taskbar behaviors...
    I suggest setting 'Taskbar alignment' to 'left'
    'Automatically hide...' should be checked
    'Show badges...' Unchecked
    'Show my taskbar on all displays' Try checking this, if it causes problem go back and Uncheck. Ultramon has a conflict on Windows 11 but works once the screen settles down (I have to right click on vicinity of taskbar(s) on extended monitors to get the taskbar to pop up)
    'When using multiple displays...' set to 'All taskbars"
    'Select the far corner...' should be Checked. This allows you to see options, time etc. on far right of main taskbar.

So here is how it works (If the 'extending monitor' taskbar is working this will work on it also):
    Hover your pen (or mouse) to where your taskbar is hiding on your default monitor, the taskbar should pop up (I set mine for bottom of screen).
    With ArtRage Vitae already open, a small screen of ARV will show when you hover above it's taskbar icon. Right click the small AVR screen and a menu will apear with 'move to monitor...' as the top menu choice.
    A graphic showing your screen choices will appear, just click on your choice and voila!

Not Simple Enough?

OK, so we want an even simpler way to 'pop' ARV or 6 from one monitor to another... here it is, and this works on Windows 10 and 11..
    Set up UltraMon this way:
    Once you have UltraMon installed, bring up it's menu by a right click on it's taskbar icon (should look like 2 tiny screens, if you only see a single screen your
    extended monitors are not being recognized) > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'Buttons and Menu Commands' tab.

Under 'Buttons' box:
    'add Move Widow button' should be checked
    'add Maximize to Desktop button' should also be checked
    'pixels' box is left blank
    'don't add custom buttons...' should be Unchecked
    In same tab in the 'Menu Commands' box:
    'add Move Window command' should be checked
    'add Maximize to Desktop command' should also be checked
    'Position of the custom menu commands', your choice (I recommend 'at the top')

Something miraculous will now happen when you open ARV or any window
    You should see five little symbols at the top right of the Title bar (If you do not see the symbols on the Title bar try a Right Click on it and choose 'Move to Monitor...).
    When you click on the monitor symbol with a little right pointing arrow, your monitor selection will come up... just click on the one you want to send your current window to and... yup, you guessed it, voila!
    NOTE: On my ARV for some reason the Title bar is off the screen when maximized. I must click on the double arrows to bring the Title bar into view.

I read both your posts MAB. The first I made all the adjustments you recommended and there was no benefit as far as I could see. (I already had the icons showing in my title bar) In fact the taskbar on my 2nd monitor disappeared. I have found it just as easy to drag a window to whichever monitor I desire.

After installing the trial version of UltraMon I found I automatically had the 'miraculous' happening on my title bar. I have six symbols (a bonus!). I already had all the right boxes checked. I don't know how long the trial will last but when it disappears I will just go back to 'dragging' as I have always done. I only have two monitors so maybe that is why I don't see any advantage.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.