Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't toggle full screen off and on

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can't toggle full screen off and on

While I rarely use the toggle button, I need to take it out of full screen mode so I can drag the app into my tablet monitor.

I recently upgraded to Vitae but never had a problem with previous versions.

Hello Steve Ince and Welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, there is currently it would seem, a problem with the fullscreen toggle button. You can Exit, but not Enter with it!
    If you are on a Mac you can work around this by using the standard Mac Green traffic-light button, top left of the window, to enter fullscreen mode.
    It may already have been reported, not sure, but yes it is a bug that needs squishing!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks, Mark. I'm a Windows 10 user so I'm not sure what the option is.

I sorted out my problem by turning off the hiDPI support and this allowed me to toggle full screen mode.

Ah, now that is interesting!
    I just tried that on my Mac and turning Off Retina support also gets the toggle working again.
    So a common cause on both systems. Good find!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Fullscreen Toggle Issues

I've noticed this issue too and it has had me pulling out my hair! I only though about checking the forums today. I'm glad I did as it seems i'm not the only one having an issue. I have an XP-Pen graphics display that I hook up to my Surface Pro 6. I can't get it displaying properly on the graphics display so I'll try some of the suggestions. Thanks

No need to toggle

Windows 10 Home

This sounds like another case where UltraMon by 'Realtime' would save the day.
    In UltraMon, 'with ArtRage open' you simply go to the UltaMon taskbar on which ever monitor you set it up for and move the pen over the ArtRage icon on that task bar > a thumbnail will pop up of the current ArtRage screen >
    right click on the thumbnail and click on menu item 'move to monitor...' NO NEED TO TOGGLE SCREEN SIZE The whole process take abt 2 seconds.

My UltaMon is set up for taskbars showing all app icons (bottom screen position) on all extended monitors, hidden (pops up when needed) and 'locked' so settings are not accidentally changed.

...and of course, your Windows 'Settings' > 'Display' must already be properly set up ('Identify' so you know the screen #'s).

Hi MAB. I'm setting up new equipment - laptop, 2nd monitor and tablet. Do you think UltraMon will work with Win 11 which I now have? (I haven't been able to reinstall ArtRageVitae on Win 11 but Andy is working on it).
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

First, I must congratulate you on a marvelous gallery! I enjoyed looking it over.

Funny you should bring up Windows 11. Last night I checked out the possibilities of upgrading my system to 11 and it checked out to be ready to receive the new Windows.
    Sad to say, they have not yet released it for my Dell 8930

I understand they are working on a new version of UltraMon. There is a forum (this forum not allowing url) and you can also email the developer Christian Studer (spam filter not permitting email address) cstuder -at- realtimesoft.com or support -at- realtimesoft.com
    There is a free 30 day Full version trial available for download at the realtimesoft.com site but it is only designed to work up to Windows 10, I couldn't say if it will work on 11, I would try the email to Mr. Studer first.

I have been using UltaMon for many years and would hate to lose it. UltraMon does many tricks beside just switching windows from screen to screen. Please let us know if you hear from Christian Studer and find out anything about a Windows 11 release.

Wish I could be of more help but until I try it on my own Windows 11...

Thanks MAB for your reply and comment on my gallery. Until Andy sorts out my problem with ArtRageVitae and the Windows Store I think I will wait before trying out anything else. I have no working tablet now and will have to purchase one - probably another Huion. Also I have no ArtRage unless I download one of my old versions from the members area at Ambient Art. Not much happening art wise in my world at present.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]