Thread: Can't preview AR6 thumbnails running Windows 10

Question Can't preview AR6 thumbnails running Windows 10

Hey folks, I can't preview thumbnails in file explorer (or in artrage itself) and I thought I used to be able to with earlier versions of AR. Not a huge problem but annoying as I often forget what the paintings look like. I'm not really gifted at naming my ptg files.

Thanks for any help you can offer

EDIT: I did a fresh install, reassociated ptg files to artrage and no other program is trying to associate itself with ptg files. Still no luck.

EDIT 05/12/2022: To be clear, I can see thumbnails for jpg/png/tif/bmp/reb/rif etc...just the ptg thumbnails are missing. Has anyone figured this out?
    Last edited by asabourin; 05-13-2022 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added troubleshooting steps

Just a thought but in File Explorer have you set View/Large Icons?
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

As June said. In the bottom right corner of the File Explorer page there are two tiny icons: one representing list format, the other representing thumbnails. My Windows 10 often reverts to list form and I have to change it back.
    These are what the icons look like, just above the dark bar for date/time etc:
    Name:  icons list.PNG
Views: 559
Size:  8.5 KB

I have thumbnails chosen (right image). If I select the left image, I will get only a list of my paintings.

No thumbs

No thumbs anymore for me either. There used to be...

Icon view

Could be an option reset after a Windows update or something else that caused a change in the folder settings. Get to the 'folder options' by whatever means, I am using Windows 11 now but I think it may be in 'view' on the File folder open window menu. Make sure 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' or something similar is NOT checked off. Check through all the folder settings but do not change anything if you are not sure what it will do... unless you write down any changes so you can revert back to the original settings if need be.
    Last edited by MAB; 01-07-2022 at 04:16 PM.