Thread: Old Artrage packs wont open in Vitae, Dont see application...ideas?

Question Old Artrage packs wont open in Vitae, Dont see application...ideas?

Hello. I was just recently sent a link by Artrage staff to update my Version 4.5 to Vitae. I am loving the changes i am behind on, however i have followed the online instructions in this forum for installing Artrage packs (that previously worked great in old version) but it went to Artrage four. I uninstalled Artrage four thinking they would install to Vitae. Now when i click the Artrage Packs i got on this forum a few years ago, they need me to find an app. I searched my entire file explorer for Vitae, but it comes up as ''Artrage 7 test'' as a roaming file, and i cannot find a way to install these packs to this new version.

Sorry if this was wordy. Any possible help? Thank you

I’m not on Windows so can’t really tell you where to find ARV in order to reassign it as the new default app to open all ARPacks.
    But if you launch ARV, you can use; File > Install Package File... to load them from within ARV for now.
    Hopefully some kind Windows user will step in now and tell you where ARV is hiding on your system!

The Mac App Store always downloads to the systems Applications folder. Dose not the Windows Store have a similar default location that all purchased apps install too?
    It’s possible that maybe Windows lists it as ArtRage 7 , as it shows the 7.x.x build number name on the splash screen on app launch and in the About window, but the inclusion of the word “test” that you found seems very odd
    Last edited by markw; 09-05-2021 at 05:19 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you soo much! Not sure how i missed that drop down option lol. I must have been to excited over the changes from not updating for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BElemental View Post
    Hello. I was just recently sent a link by Artrage staff to update my Version 4.5 to Vitae. I am loving the changes i am behind on, however i have followed the online instructions in this forum for installing Artrage packs (that previously worked great in old version) but it went to Artrage four. I uninstalled Artrage four thinking they would install to Vitae. Now when i click the Artrage Packs i got on this forum a few years ago, they need me to find an app. I searched my entire file explorer for Vitae, but it comes up as ''Artrage 7 test'' as a roaming file, and i cannot find a way to install these packs to this new version.

Sorry if this was wordy. Any possible help? Thank you
    I literally just updated to ArtRage Vitae from AR6. I love it and have been a long time user and supporter of ArtRage. I use it mostly these days to create color studies and prototype paintings that eventually turn into traditional art such as oil paintings, small and large.

A number of years ago, I downloaded a ton of custom artpacks, color palettes and brushes from the Art Supplies forum here - every one of them wonderful! All I needed to do was to open my ArtRage Vitae (ver. 7.1.3) and drag and drop the .arpack onto my screen with artrage (I use multiple screens on my PC). For color palettes, it was a simple job of just copying and pasting my old files to the new. I went ahead and made new groups for my color palettes as my old ones were a bit of a mess.

It was super easy! Everything works!

Hope this helps