Thread: ArtRage 6 mac + Cintiq 16 troubles

Exclamation ArtRage 6 mac + Cintiq 16 troubles

Hello,

I've got a muliti-monitor configuration. A 27" monitor and a Cintiq 16 tablet.
    I want to use AR on the tablet - and I can configure it this way in the MacOS that AR appears always on the Cintiq.

The problems is with all the menus and palettes - for some reason, they appear on the main monitor, even the contextual menus, which is really kinda annoying, since they are made to appear exactly where my cursor is.

Is there a fix to this problem? Also - and this is a question to the AR devs - is there perhaps a fix for this in the Vitae version? I'd very much like to upgrade my software - the newest version looks cool - but if it doesn't work on my configuration, I won't do it.
    BTW, this happens only with AR - I use a lot of other graphic apps on my Cintiq ( Krita, Adobe Creative Suite, Clip Studio ) and every one of them works as it should. So this isn't an OS problem, but some bug in ArtRage...

Thanks in advance for any answer to this problem. From all the software I have, AR would still be my preferred one - far the most intuitive - were it not for this annoying bug.

Mikołaj
    My illustrations:

http://mikolajkamler.pl

Work-around

Ok, so far no answer to my question...
    It's a really annoying bug - and I suppose my hardware configuration ( two or, in my case, three monitors, counting the Cintiq as one ) isn't so uncommon for professional illustrators. It's even more annoying since a tablet like the Cintiq is what really would make ArtRage shine - the natural, spontaneous approach to drawing and painting ( especially, in my case, watercolours ) being absolutely unparalleled.

I really hope that the good people at Ambient Design will fix this bug. Until that, the only kinda-sorta-workaround on a Mac seems to be to set the Cintiq as a primary monitor in the System Preferences / Displays. But this messes up the configuration of all the other open apps on my computer and requires re-setting which app appears on which monitor - which is annoying. Anyway, for now it's the only way to make ArtRage usable in my case.

Given that all of the other apps I use don't have this problem when working with more than one monitor, I suppose it really could be possible to fix it. I'm using ArtRage since version 3 as my main illustration tool, it would be a pity to not be able to use it anymore... :-)

Mikołaj
    My illustrations:

Hi Mikolaj,
    Yes, perhaps your setup is a little out of the ordinary for some artists! Though I confess I am just a little envious of it!
    The best I can suggest here, if you have not already done so, is to contact Ambient Design directly about this issue.
    eMail: [email protected]
    Hope you can get it all working the way you would like soon.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks, will do :-)

Mikołaj
    My illustrations: