Thread: Watercolour Brushes

Watercolour Brushes

Hi I'm a newcomer to Artrage and am loving it, I have Artrage 6 and am looking for some watercolour brushes to emulate a 11/2 inch flat, 3/4 inch flat and a no3 rigger brush. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Hello JJR and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Well, sadly at the moment the Watercolour Brush can only have a round head. Though I too wish it could have a square head option like the Oil Brush.
    It's possible that there are either Custom Brush presets or Sticker Spray ones that mimic watercolours but I couldn't point you to any specific ones right now off the top of my head

As for having specific brush sizes in terms of real world measurements like inches, that’s not as clear cut as it might at first seem, as any preset size will be relative to the canvas dpi it is being used on.
    In the attached, the Oil brush was set to 500% and the canvas to A5(8.31" x 5.81").
    The brush mark on the left is what you get with the canvas at 72dpi and on the right when the canvas is set to 300dpi.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpeg 
Views:	172 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	101908
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks for the info markw, I thought it might not be straightforward. I will have to experiment.

Thinking some more I should say though that if you always work with canvases of the same canvas dpi, 300dpi for example, then you could make a selection of brush presets of set sizes.
    You could use AR’s Ruler set to inches to determine the basic default mark each brush head makes with a nominal pressure.
    But the brushes would be tied to use with canvases of the same dpi that they were made in.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I'll try using your suggestions markw. Thanks again.

Steve Elliot has some watercolour brushes for ArtRage6 you might like to have a look at. He demonstrates them in this YT video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmU_KA3bv7s
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks for your comments Enug, I have purchased Steve's brushes earlier in the week but not tried them yet. Not had time to experiment yet, been tied up with some other stuff. Will give the video a look.