Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Vitae for desktop: so many questions

Consulta acerca de la nueva versión Art Rage Vitae.-

Independientemente del nombre, esta nueva versión supera con creces lo que me había imaginado con ella. La descargué (demoró algo), pero estoy disfrutando y realizando mis primeras manchitas...-
    Pero, tengo una duda. Como estoy por comprar una nueva PC (Windows), quisiera saber si deberé cancelar nuevamente el importe. En otras palabras, hay algún otro modo de instalarla en otra PC que NO sea comprarla nuevamente (Aunque no es cara, quisiera salir de la duda) ... Gracias desde ya. Saludos desde Chile.
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Hola damasocl,
    Pues, las aplicaciones compradas en las tiendas MS y Mac no están vinculadas a la computadora en la que están, sino a la cuenta de la tienda con la que se compraron. (Aunque se pueden aplicar límites a la cantidad total de computadoras en las que una aplicación puede ser instalada por cualquier persona. Esta información se puede encontrar en los términos y condiciones de la tienda correspondiente).
    Entonces, una vez que haya iniciado sesión en su cuenta de la tienda en una computadora nueva, las aplicaciones compradas como ARV siempre estarán allí para que las vuelva a descargar si es necesario en el futuro sin tener que volver a comprar esta versión.
    Andy actualizará esta versión actual de ARV en las tiendas de aplicaciones a medida que tenga preparadas las correcciones de errores o las mejoras.
    Dependiendo de cómo haya configurado su cuenta de la tienda, se le notificará sobre las nuevas actualizaciones disponibles para que las descargue o la tienda las descargará automáticamente a su sistema.
    Estas actualizaciones son gratis
    ¿Qué tan simple es ese proceso en realidad en MS Store, no lo sé (Estoy en una Mac, ¡pero he notado cierta antipatía contra SM Store por parte de algunos usuarios!)
    ¡Pero en la tienda de Apple en realmente es muy fácil!
    June ha adquirido recientemente una nueva PC, por lo que tal vez pueda contarnos su experiencia al incorporar ARV a su nuevo sistema, si ella ve esto.

Sin embargo, en algún momento en el futuro sin duda, habrá un sucesor de la versión actual de ARV a medida que se desarrolle más. Y esta nueva, y en esta momento totalmente hipotética versión de ARV, por supuesto, tendría que comprarse.

Apps bought from the MS and Mac stores are not tied to the computer that they are on but to the store account they were bought with. (Though limits to the total number of computers an app can be installed on by any one individual may apply. This information can be found on the relevant store’s terms and conditions.)
    So once logged into your store account on a new computer, purchased apps like ARV, will always be there for you to re-download again should the need arise in the future without having to repurchase this version of it again.
    This current version of ARV will get updated on the app stores by Andy as and when he has bug fixes or enhancements ready.
    Depending on how you have configured your store account, you will be notified of any new updates available for you to download or they will be automatically downloaded to your system by the store.
    These updates are free.
    How simple that process is in reality on the MS Store I don’t know? (I’m on a Mac but I have noticed a certain antipathy against the SM Store from some users of it!)
    But on the Apple store it really is effortlessly easy!
    June has recently got a new PC and so perhaps she can tell us her experience of getting ARV onto her new system if she sees this.

At some point in the future though there will be no doubt a successor to the current version of ARV as it develops further. And this new, and at present totally hypothetical version of ARV, would of course have to be purchased.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hola Damasocl. Tuve problemas para descargar ArtRage Vitae después de comprar una nueva computadora portátil con Windows 11. Todo está ordenado ahora. No sé si fue porque le pregunté a Andy Rage o si Microsoft se puso al día con ARV y Win 11. Registré mi nueva computadora portátil a través de mi cuenta de Microsoft, ya que puede descargarla en 10 dispositivos. Esta instrucción de Andy no funcionó para mí porque creo que hubo otros problemas debido a que Win 11 era nuevo. Sin embargo, ahora me funciona. Puede funcionar para ti.

"Debería ser tan fácil como iniciar sesión en la tienda de Windows con la misma cuenta con la que compró ArtRage Vitae. Luego encontrará un botón de instalación para descargar e instalar ArtRage Vitae en su nueva computadora. Aquí hay un enlace a ArtRage Página de Vitae en la Tienda Windows: ms-windows-store: ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9NJK057NFZCP

Cerca de la esquina superior derecha de la página debería haber un botón "Instalar"

Hello damasocl. I did have problems downloading ArtRage Vitae after purchasing a new laptop with Windows 11. All is sorted now. Whether it was my asking Andy Rage or Microsoft caught up with ARV and Win 11 I don't know. I registered my new laptop via my Microsoft Account as you are able to download to 10 devices.

This instruction from Andy didn't work for me as I think there were other problems due to Win 11 being new. However it works for me now. It may work for you.

" It should be as easy as logging into the Windows store with the same account you purchased ArtRage Vitae with. Then you’ll find an install button to download and install ArtRage Vitae on your new computer.

Here’s a link to the ArtRage Vitae page in the Windows Store: ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9NJK057NFZCP

Near the upper right of the page there should be an ‘Install’ button."

June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Muchas gracias por las aclaraciones a mis dudas!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyist View Post
    the name and the marketingI could even use ArtRage on Linux under Wine and it worked fine! This option is now gone for good, which is quite sad.
    I really agree with this, and joined the forums just to make a comment. I love artrage and the software has been different to every art software i have used, and it really is painful to know that i would be forced to use the microsoft store to use Vitaes functionality as someone who prefers linux. All i ask for is a windows version, just an exe like it used to be without store integration. I would be over the moon with that

And sorry for bumping this older thread. But i really would like anyone to see this.

I am sorry to say, but I also use artrage with wine under linux. The move to the windows store cuts us all off from doing this with the newest version, for that reason you will no longer be getting any of my money to upgrade it.

Please make it also available the old way - with the executable in the members area. Or create a native linux port.
    Until you do, you have lost me completely

Stop enabling these walled gardens to lock us onto OS-es. This is anti-consumer behavior

Artrage has never officially supported Gnu/Linux, so it seems odd that Gnu/Linux users (who were lucky to get it running on their systems with WINE) are demanding some kind of special compensation here.

If you don't have a windows, mac, android, etc. device, you're welcome to stay on version 6 as I understand it will be still be supported/sold.

I wonder, how does Artrage Vitae multiple user coop work?

You have some cool ideas that'll improve ArtRage, but I disagree with you about the name. Why do you think it's inconvenient to pronounce?

And....we're usually not pronouncing Vitae it's easy enough to type - ARV!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]