Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Store For Vitae

Windows Store For Vitae

You know that we love you ! Artrage was (is) a Godsend for those of us when we discovered it.

I'm an enthusiast, but ...

... if the Windows Store is the easy option for installing Artrage that steer me clear of the difficult option.

It was awful.

I started on version 4 and this was the most unpleasant upgrade I've done.

Could just be me, but ...

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
    You know that we love you ! Artrage was (is) a Godsend for those of us when we discovered it.

I'm an enthusiast, but ...

... if the Windows Store is the easy option for installing Artrage that steer me clear of the difficult option.

It was awful.

I started on version 4 and this was the most unpleasant upgrade I've done.

Could just be me, but ...

Pat
    It's not just you The serial number download version is much more appreciated
    As I suggested here

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...t-Store-option
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

I understand why you're going with the awful store but why can't you offer a proper download for those who want it? People who find the store easier will use it and those who (quite correctly) hate it would stick to the traditional method.

Seems you'll be losing customers if you go store exclusive.

If he hosts it though the Microsoft Store, then technically he doesn't need this site at all.
    He could move the forums to Discord or Reddit, pay Microsoft a piece of each sale that's it.
    It's less time, cost, and effort, and he can solely focus on software improvements.

It's certainly silly to lose customers over not offering a traditional download.

You lose goodwill, mindshare and income from putting all your eggs in the Windows Store basket.

I'll personally no longer recommend this software to anyone. Buying from the Windows Store simply isn't smart.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    It's certainly silly to lose customers over not offering a traditional download.

You lose goodwill, mindshare and income from putting all your eggs in the Windows Store basket.

I'll personally no longer recommend this software to anyone. Buying from the Windows Store simply isn't smart.
    To be honest, It is not the only point that ArtRage now can only be purchased from the MS and Apple Stores. It is also that there are some things related to this are so unclear. Especially: how does it work to get the upgrade discount? I don't want to risk buying if for the full price by accident. And is there a time limit for it? I already asked this questions here in the forum two days ago and still got no answer. And as I already said too, I have made bad experiences with the Store. The service there isn't verry good.

And there is even another thing: As far as I remember, there hasn't been any update to ArtRage 6 since I purchased it years ago. Unless there are still known bugs in it. F.e. the Stroke Layer Effect that can't be saved (by the way, is it fixed in AR 7 vitae?). I reported this bug a verry long time ago, possibly more than a year ago, and it still doesn't work. And I don't think that there will be any updates to AR 6 in the future.

Not to be misunderstood, I work with ArtRage since AR 4, so many years, and I really loved it. But at the moment I am seriously thinking about giving Rebelle a try.
    Last edited by Somerset; 08-15-2021 at 03:05 AM.

how does it work to get the upgrade discount? I don't want to risk buying if for the full price by accident. And is there a time limit for it
    Clicking on the link in the email brings up a page showing the price before and after discount. Andy did say in the email that the special deal was until Aug.31 so I don't know why "47 days left" is shown. The discount is %50 whether US, Aus, etc.

"Original price was AU$119.95, the current price is AU$59.97. 50% off • 47 days left".

And I don't think that there will be any updates to AR 6 in the future.
    As I understand it AR6 will be supported but no upgrades as ARV is the new AR7.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi June,

thanks for your reply. I have found that link, but it doesn't offer any more information than the discount price and - unfortunately - the time limit, which is definitly a drawback towards the former practice for me. I don't think that I will afford to buy it till 31 August. And as I upgraded to ArtRage 5 and 6 there were no time limits, as far as I remember. Verry annoying! And I still don't know how it works to tell the MS Store that I am already an ArtRage-User. Do they ask for it?

Andy did say in the email that the special deal was until Aug.31 so I don't know why "47 days left" is shown.
    I think the "47 days left" are related to the introductory offer of the Microsoft Store, not to the uprade discount.

As I understand it AR6 will be supported but no upgrades as ARV is the new AR7.
    I would be surprised about former updates for ArtRage 6, because there haven't been any for a verry long time. As I said, since I bought it some month after release, there wasn't any updates, as far as I remember. And after the release of ArtRage 6, there were no more updates for ArtRage 5. The same after the upgrade from 4 to 5, if I remember rightly.

I am not verry optimistic about my future with ArtRage at the moment.

Hi Somerset,
    I don't think there is a further discount. I thought the 50% discount was for existing AR users? There will be no discount for purchases after Aug.31. As for AR6 upgrades - there won't be any. Think of ARV as AR7. There were no further upgrades for AR5 when AR6 was released. Andy did say AR6 would be supported for some time. I don't know what that entails. I admit it has been confusing.

You will still be able to use AR6. I will stay with the programme as it fits my needs. My introduction to AR was with an installation disc that came with my Bamboo One many years ago. I think it was ArtRage 2.5.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi June!

Yes, it seems that I would have to pay the full price after 31. August. Might have to do with the Store. Don't know. But I think that is a really bad trend. I have ever been verry satisfied with ArtRage. And of course I will keep on using ArtRage 6 till I find something better. But I don't think that I will purchase future versions of ArtRage under these circumstances. Even the step from AR 5 to 6 wasn't really a big progress, there wasn't any updates since october 2019 and now this store-thing and time limits for upgrade discounts. Think that's no longer attractive for me. However, I had some good conversations here on the forum, and I enjoyed your beautiful animal paintings. Thanks for that and all the best for the future.