Thread: ArtRage Vitae: Layer Names Difficult To Read/Feature Request

ArtRage Vitae: Layer Names Difficult To Read/Feature Request

Greetings,

I've enjoyed using ArtRage since the Studio Pro days over a decade ago. Between ArtRage 4 and ArtRage 5 a small but important change was made in the way layer names are displayed. Previously, the layer names were placed below the small preview of the layer, and in later versions the name is placed to the right. Unfortunately, this renders longer layer names extremely difficult to read as the software decreases the font size to fit the name in the smaller space. As someone with a visual disability I've loved how accessible the tools, settings, and options are in each new version of ArtRage, and being able to express my creativity digitally is one of my great joys that helps me overcome the downsides of the visual impairment in my life. I've politely requested in the past that an option be added to allow users to switch between having layers display their names on the right (using the current, shrink-to-fit option that most users likely are used to) and the old style, in which the font remained the same size, was displayed below the preview image, and simply cut off if the layer name was too long. Would it be possible to have this option added to ArtRage Vitae? I know that many other users might benefit from this feature, either as an aid for those with visual impairments, or simply as something others might prefer in how to set up their layers panel.

Thank you for considering this potential option!

Edit: If this should be moved to Suggestions, my apologies.
    Last edited by Kallah; 08-12-2021 at 02:33 AM.

[
    Hello Kallah,

I think there would be a good solution: in Artrage Studio Pro, the Ctrl touch gave the possibility to enlarge the box layers. It was useful for everybody. It would be so nice to see again that possibility...
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage Studio Pro... ArtRage 7.1.3
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: https://www.pinterest.fr/cb6973/les-...de-christelle/