Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Needed - Choice option for download or Microsoft Store option

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Bingo! I've had issues in the past when the internet was down with an the app, movie, etc. will not run. I no longer purchase apps that are tied to the internet. I don't care if it's better than what I'm currently using or better than an alternative app. Online protected apps have a huge downfall when your internet goes down or is running super slow, in the instance of downloading and installing the app again.
    ArtRage Vitae doesn't require you to be logged in or even have an Internet connection to run. It just needs it to initially be purchased. Once ArtRage Vitae is installed it doesn't require an internet connection (unless you want to do collaborative painting, that is. )
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    ArtRage Vitae doesn't require you to be logged in or even have an Internet connection to run. It just needs it to initially be purchased. Once ArtRage Vitae is installed it doesn't require an internet connection (unless you want to do collaborative painting, that is. )
    Thank you for that. I think most people were worried about how the store affects operation of the program.

It's nice to know that it doesn't affect ArtRage at all when offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    some security issue where a portable phone number was necessary to send you a text message. Not quite certain how they install the programs here, I have also purchased Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher through the Microsoft store, reluctantly, since I could not make the purchase directly from their European web site due to the limitations of prepaid debit card being purchases within the U.S.A. where I am a citizen resident. Paypal has recently changed and no longer allows accounts for payments without having a portable phone where they can send you a text message security verification.
    "security" is just another way of saying "hand over your personal information because it's only for your own good"

Facebook & google earn their money because they can sell access to it's users based upon their profiles. Microsoft & paypal and all these other behemoths are only trying to get a piece of Facebook & google's action. If George Orwell used time travel to rewrite the news of today as a serialized novel published back in the 1970's - he'd be derided for being too far-fetched and cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    Let me correct something I wrote earlier here. On second close walk through Vitae I cannot find anything different from Art Rage 6, going through it quickly from memory I thought there was differences. So if you do not like Microsoft Store stay with version 6, that will also run on Linux. This does not change my mind about the program, still damn good, one of the best digital painting programs out there.
    Perhaps the upgrade of Artrage to 'version 7' aka 'Vitae' is the simultaneous editing of an image with a friend. Seems kind of like a gimmick - I've never done that before with real media. Actually, I've had an instructor alter a charcoal of mine, without asking. I was soooo pissed. Even with a musical setting, you play with others live. But doing so over the interweb is just wrong, with the time lag.

But I'm very encouraged by your Linux success. Please let us know if you ever get Artrage 7 to work on Linux.

What is your opinion of Clip Studio Paint?

Have you had success with Clip Studio Paint in Linux?

I'm not sure that a download-version from the Microsoft Store would be a trustable solution. I purchased f.e. a movie on the store, that I also downloaded.

"So ArtRage Vitae really is the new version of ArtRage? It is a little confusing as the ArtRage-website still shows up with ArtRage 6 as the latest release and ArtRage Vitae for iOS and Android. And I got an e-mail that offers an upgrade discount for 39,50 $."

I had AR 2.5, 4, 5 and 6.... I never got an email! I see all this just now.
    Please @Hannah, @Mark or whoever here is knowledgeable, I have many questions especially after reading through this thread..

1) Is there a way to purchase AR7 for a lower price for those who had AR previously? I don't see any. I did not get an email!
    2) Is it true that there is no way to download AR7? That you can only install it???? I have 2 to 3 laptops/tablets on which I use AR5&6 right now.... -===> please make it downloadable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    "So ArtRage Vitae really is the new version of ArtRage? It is a little confusing as the ArtRage-website still shows up with ArtRage 6 as the latest release and ArtRage Vitae for iOS and Android. And I got an e-mail that offers an upgrade discount for 39,50 $."

I had AR 2.5, 4, 5 and 6.... I never got an email! I see all this just now.
    Please @Hannah, @Mark or whoever here is knowledgeable, I have many questions especially after reading through this thread..

1) Is there a way to purchase AR7 for a lower price for those who had AR previously? I don't see any. I did not get an email!
    2) Is it true that there is no way to download AR7? That you can only install it???? I have 2 to 3 laptops/tablets on which I use AR5&6 right now.... -===> please make it downloadable!!!
    Hello a_dt
    ARV was announced here on the forums at the beginning of August but it is very strange that you didn’t receive any email notification
    In total I had three emails about the launch of ARV over August and September.
    Although sadly the horse has bolted now, as it were, I wonder is the email address linked to your ArtRage Store account correct and up to date? Or could the emails have been diverted to a SPAM folder?

But to your two main questions;
    1: I don’t think that currently there is
    But I’m just a user of AR like yourself, you could try contacting Ambient Design for clarification about your situation via their support page; https://www.artrage.com/get-support/
    Or by email: [email protected]

2: Correct, there are no standalone installers for ARV (or AR7 if you will) that can be purchased and downloaded.
    ARV is only available through the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store.
    Apps bought through either store are tied to the store account they were bought with not the computer used.
    To put ARV on your other devices you will need to log into your store account with the devise you wish to install the app on. Then go to your list of purchased apps and install from there.
    The total number of devices you can install on is defined in the store’s Terms & Conditions.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

last question and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello a_dt

In total I had three emails about the launch of ARV over August and September.
    Although sadly the horse has bolted now, as it were, I wonder is the email address linked to your ArtRage Store account correct and up to date? Or could the emails have been diverted to a SPAM folder?
    Email had not been changed since I purchased the first AR, and it is the one I log in into my account still where I see the page with the versions I purchased.... and it is a gmail address, not in the spam, not even in the "all mail" folder, ... nothing, NOT ONE of them arrived!!

I have another email for the forum here, but those are directed to the gmail account, both accounts still working, (I got your response via email), nothing from AR in the spam.... (I watch the spam folders all the time)....
    will write to support....

LAST QUESTION: if I buy AR7, will I be able to use 6 still as was the case with all other versions (in the past it installed the new version as new software and DID NOT overwrite the older versions, which I like!), or will it overwrite AR6?

Thanks for your answer!
    astrid

In short, yes! You will still be able to use AR6.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    you were supposed to get e-mail notification several times, as there was a long discounted sale period from the August launch to October 1st (or around that);

your best bet if you are looking for a price reduction would be waiting for a black friday or a christmas sale.
    Last edited by nekomata; 11-16-2021 at 11:24 PM.