Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
Suppose I buy ArtRage Vitae from the Windows store. (which I did)
Suppose it is fully installed and up and running. (which it is)

What problems, if any, might I have after I turn OFF automatic updating for Windows Store Apps?
You might have no problems at all, which is likely. Or you might have all sorts of issues after the Windows Store app itself is updated and decided to mess something up.

If you like the Windows Store, knock yourself out. I'm never buying anything there. But I'm not the average ArtRage customer, because I can tell a PC from a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
Most of our ArtRage customers aren't as technically savvy as the users on this forum. Managing licenses, serial numbers, downloadable installers (different ones for Mac and Windows (you know we have customers who aren't even sure whether they're using a Mac or a PC)), updates, installs. And they will have absolutely no clue if they need to ever re-install ArtRage and have lost their serial numbers, and possibly even changed their email address. Honestly many support queries here turn into Detective Mystery Adventures trying to work out who they are and what they've purchased.
I have a license for ArtRage 6 which I'll continue to use, but never upgrade as long as this new direction is in place. I use other software for painting on my Cintiq that respects my licensing preferences and my ability to install software (Oh noes, it's SO hard - even my 75 year old Boomer dad can install a new program himself and he's rather... unsavvy with PCs). Apparently I misjudged Ambient Design, because this baffling move was not something I'd ever expect to see from any serious company. It's sad, but c'est la vie.