Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Vitae Thoughts

ArtRage Vitae Thoughts

My thoughts on Vitae (trial version)...

1. HiDPI looks great! This should have been in version 6.
    2. Text snap to the grid as expected now. Sweet!
    3. I'm not sure where the new "Tiled" feature is located.
    4. There's still no snap to center guides feature. See gif link below...
    5. I don't know if I'll have use of a chat feature. Didn't try it.
    6. Windows store only... Booo!!!
    7. I'm guessing no more Windows 7 32bit support?
    8. "Vitae" is a strange name for a painting app. Maybe I don't understand what is meant by this.

http://www.posemotion.com/images/Center Guides.gif
    Last edited by J. Baker; 08-06-2021 at 02:36 AM.

Vitae == Latin for 'Life'
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

What happens if one of my computers on the Windows Store is no longer working? How do I install to another computer instead?

Would still like to see a more real-time opacity control for the tools...like the shift-key for sizing.

Would also like to be able to enlarge the color panel. For some reason, it is pretty small and hard to get the exact hue I need.

But overall it is great! Congrats!

The great thing about having ArtRage Vitae on the App Store is that it doesn't matter if you need to change computers. So long as you're using the same account on your store you immediately get access to your ArtRage Vitae purchase. You dont need to mess with serial numbers, or installers, or member accounts. It's all managed by Windows and MacOS.

If your'e using Windows, you can change the Windows Display Settings and increase your scaling value. The ArtRage UI will scale and use our new HiDPI UI.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

As someone who just purchased Artrage 6 a few weeks ago, it seems that I am now being asked to pay once more for what (for my needs) is almost the same program as I already have. I have tried out the demo version on Win 10, and see no obvious (to me) new features which would encourage me to buy this.

Have I understood this correctly? I personally have no need for a canvas-sharing system.

Installing on laptop after buying on PC

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    The great thing about having ArtRage Vitae on the App Store is that it doesn't matter if you need to change computers. So long as you're using the same account on your store you immediately get access to your ArtRage Vitae purchase. You dont need to mess with serial numbers, or installers, or member accounts. It's all managed by Windows and MacOS.

If your'e using Windows, you can change the Windows Display Settings and increase your scaling value. The ArtRage UI will scale and use our new HiDPI UI.
    Do I have to uninstall it first on the other PC? Or is there a way to have it also on my laptop?
    Last edited by JMMK; 08-06-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

old download and purchase option

moved to General Chat
    Last edited by JMMK; 08-06-2021 at 08:41 PM.
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    The great thing about having ArtRage Vitae on the App Store is that it doesn't matter if you need to change computers. So long as you're using the same account on your store you immediately get access to your ArtRage Vitae purchase. You dont need to mess with serial numbers, or installers, or member accounts.
    Very bad marketing decision to have your new main windows application available exclusively on the Microsoft Store. Maybe your goal is to try to stop piracy by using a stronger DRM like the Microsoft Store, but I don't think you'll attract new users, quite the opposite.

Upgrade to Vitae from Artrage 6 on Windows

As someone who just purchased Artrage 6 a few weeks ago, I have looked in vain for an upgrade possibility on the Microsoft Store. I couldn't find one.

Does this mean that to switch to Artrage Vitae I have to pay once again, and this time full price (when the intro offer has expired)?

Have I understood this correctly?

Windows Store is a complete non-starter for me. Anyone familiar with the Windows Store knows that is absolutely terrible. I would not want any software tied to that account/system as you never know then it'll bug out and prevent you from downloading, updating or even launching programs. I've fought it a few times, ever again.

Do the developers of ArtRage not know how universally reviled, for good reason, the Windows Store is among professionals and enthusiasts? Who do you believe you are appealing to with this move?

Some reconsideration is in order here.