Thread: Beware the Copelouzos Family Art Museum (it's a scam)

Beware the Copelouzos Family Art Museum (it's a scam)

Hi folks, If the mods feel it should go in a different place, then please move it to where it is best suited.

My goal here is to reveal a pseudo-scam. It's a legit private family art collection (Copelouzos Family Art Museum) that is asking emerging artists to submit free work the museum's permanent collection (via the 35x35 Project). They woo you by making you think that they'll establish a long-term relationship with you, but they never get back to you. Also, the book the send has artist photos, so it's not even that professionally done in the end.

I wrote about my experience in this link, and I compared it to the vastly different experience I had with the Imago Mundi Project, which is similar in approach to the 35x35 Project, except that the Imago Mundi has a clear community and social aspect to it. I can't post the link due to me being too new, but if you Google "Greg Mason Burns Copelouzos Family Art Museum" that should bring you to my post.

In short, they're not stealing from artists per-se (not that "we send you a check for more than the art is worth and you give the rest to our shipping company" type of scam), but they're definitely trying to take advantage of artists.

Thanks and stay safe!

Thanks for the heads up.
    I'll stay away from them if they ever cross my path.