Thread: ArtRage Vitae on Windows 10 (64Bit): Color sampler is not working?

Question ArtRage Vitae on Windows 10 (64Bit): Color sampler is not working?

Hi to everyone!

I have just installed ArtRage Vitae/7.1.1 (coming from the previous versions) on Windows 10 (64 Bit).

Great thing, by the way!

My Problem: I just don't seem to get the color sampler to work. Switching to the tool or holding "Alt" is showing the known cursor for the color sampler, just like in Version 6 ... it isn't sampling though, neither with mouse, nor with graphic tablet. I changed a few settings for the input device, but I can't get a grip on it.

Help!

Hello Suhuy and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Were you using the default opening canvas that’s presented to you when ARV opens?
    There is a bug, at least in the Mac version, that prevents sampling from the default canvas.
    Ignore the default canvas and try setting up your own new canvas. Dose it work then?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hello markw!
    Thank you!
    I changed the default canvas first time to a canvas setting that I made in the previous version (AR 6). I tried again, changing canvas settings, color sampler is still not working though ... weird.

OK, opening old work (.ptg) from AR 6 I can use the color sampler, but only in those "old" files.

(Something completely different: I discovered weird behaviour of reference images in old files opened in AR 7, while doing this ... they don't zoom or pan and can hardly be moved around, new images work perfectly. Might be a good idea to import reference images again, if there is such a problem.

In new files in AR 7, the color sampler works in reference images only, not on the canvas. In old files (AR 6) opened in AR 7, it works both ways.

Any thoughts on the new version? Favorite new functionality or features?

DarkOwnt: I like the overall speed, though this was not a problem with the previous version, I always thought it is one of the fastest painting softwares on the market, now there is no doubt about that. High resolution in UI looks great on my 4K-Display (activate in preferences). I don't think I am going to use this network-friend-feature, but I can see guys like Daniel Ibarez doing it, he is teaching a lot about ArtRage and art in general - might be great for him and his pupils. By the way, the symbol of the PaintLink UI on top is a solved mystery from the last version ... ;-) Using the pen from your graphic tablet in menues etc. is finally working as I always thought it should, but scrolling with the mousewheel is not working at all. If this is a trade-off and not a glitch or bug, I'll take the better pen-functionality over the mouse-wheel. Rest of the features - I didn't test them yet.

Added to bug list - will address in update release.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

I'm really interested in the custom mixing setup for real blending!