Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Artrage Vitae Mac

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    491
    You remarks here are a little bit too harsh and irrational kenmo. Fire someone for not naming this Art Rage 7?
    Do you use Microsoft? They skipped from Windows 8 to Windows 10, what happened to 9? What about before 7, there was Vista, XP, 95, no one plus integer increase for every new release. I doubt many people want to see everyone at Microsoft fired for skipping an operating system named 9.
    Let it go, Art Rage is an excellent product, and fairly priced for all the features and options. I have never felt ripped off by purchasing their digital painting programs, in fact usually find surprise improvements and/or additions that make it feel like a good deal. If you misunderstand something they offer you and purchase that item and it does not work, I am certain Art Rage would arrange for you to get an exchange for something that does work for your honest intended purpose. It is very easy to misinterpret something that was honestly presented, give them another chance and let it go.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,935
    You can still see the ArtRage versioning number in the 'About' box.

    Because we've moved to the Microsoft Store and the Apple App Store there's no real way to differentiate the later releases of ArtRage we'll be doing. And just calling it 'ArtRage' will be even more confusing to people who wonder if it's a different product or upgrade to the older versions of ArtRage.
    Vitae mean 'Life' and this is the version of ArtRage we will be keeping in the Apple App Store and Microsoft Store forever. It will have upgrades and updates big and small. It'll have version increases, major and minor. But it will always be ArtRage Vitae.

    We believe that by moving to the Microsoft Store and Apple App Store we'll make it easier for our ArtRage users to manage using ArtRage and keeping it up to date. There are no more serial numbers to keep track of, no more downloading installers, no more needing to check for updates. Bug fixes and patches will download automatically. If you move to a new computer then your ArtRage license moves with your Store id - you will automatically be able to get the latest ArtRage without messing around.

    Even so, we'll keep offering support for ArtRage 6.

    So, a new name, a new home for ArtRage, an easier experience for our customers.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    5
    You should strongly reconsider the move to the Windows Store. No one likes it one bit (well, maybe except the uninformed who don't know what awaits them). I'll personally never use it because it's a total garbage fire I've had the misfortune to struggle with a few times before arriving at the conclusion that I'll never touch it again. So any product exclusive to that store/account system is dead to me, sorry. Happy ArtRage 6 customer here, but I can't support your business going forward like this.

    Do you really think a regular installer and a license key is too much for painting enthusiasts and professionals? How do you think we deal with setting up pen displays and drivers? And somehow you think the MS Store is an actual selling point? It's a deterrent if anything.

    Kindly reconsider, so that we can keep supporting ArtRage going forward. I have other options I use and I can stick with those and ArtRage 6. But I like using a variety of programs and will support quality software like ArtRage as long as it is sold and licensed sensibly.

    Thank you.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    You should strongly reconsider the move to the Windows Store. No one likes it one bit (well, maybe except the uninformed who don't know what awaits them). I'll personally never use it because it's a total garbage fire I've had the misfortune to struggle with a few times before arriving at the conclusion that I'll never touch it again. So any product exclusive to that store/account system is dead to me, sorry. Happy ArtRage 6 customer here, but I can't support your business going forward like this.

    Do you really think a regular installer and a license key is too much for painting enthusiasts and professionals? How do you think we deal with setting up pen displays and drivers? And somehow you think the MS Store is an actual selling point? It's a deterrent if anything.

    Kindly reconsider, so that we can keep supporting ArtRage going forward. I have other options I use and I can stick with those and ArtRage 6. But I like using a variety of programs and will support quality software like ArtRage as long as it is sold and licensed sensibly.

    Thank you.
    Could not agree with you more. I have no problem with installers, serial numbers, drivers or building my own computers from scratch. ArtRage is a fantastic app, too bad Ambient Design is going the Microsoft route.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    You remarks here are a little bit too harsh and irrational kenmo. Fire someone for not naming this Art Rage 7?
    Do you use Microsoft? They skipped from Windows 8 to Windows 10, what happened to 9? What about before 7, there was Vista, XP, 95, no one plus integer increase for every new release. I doubt many people want to see everyone at Microsoft fired for skipping an operating system named 9.
    Let it go, Art Rage is an excellent product, and fairly priced for all the features and options. I have never felt ripped off by purchasing their digital painting programs, in fact usually find surprise improvements and/or additions that make it feel like a good deal. If you misunderstand something they offer you and purchase that item and it does not work, I am certain Art Rage would arrange for you to get an exchange for something that does work for your honest intended purpose. It is very easy to misinterpret something that was honestly presented, give them another chance and let it go.
    So by your logic if you are looking for a Honda Civic you could not care less if it is a 1999 Honda Civic or 2018 Honda Civic. There is a good reason why auto manufacturers use year as it is their type of versioning. And please do not preach to me about Microsoft as I was I system administrator for Windows NT & Windows Server as well as Novel Netware and SUSE Linux.

    Microsoft learnt from using XP & Vista as versions and went back to numbered versions.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    You can still see the ArtRage versioning number in the 'About' box.
    AND I will only have access to the About box after purchasing and installing ArtRage and not before. So your argument is very lame!!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Give it a rest

    I think we all have the idea that some of you do not like Microsoft Store. The thread of this is "Artrge Vitae Mac" yet all the negative responses
    regarding the purchase of Vitae have been directed towards Microsoft. I assume no one has a problem buying Vitae from the Mac store. As to
    what its called re: Vitae or Ver. 7 should not matter to most of the posters since you are not going to upgrade anyway. Thanks to the Artrage team for a wonderful upgrade to your product regardless of what you call it. OBTW I purchased my upgrade through the Windows store with no problems.

    Richard Burns

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    4
    I get marketing it at Vitae since as he said versioning is different on the windows store, if you marketed as artrage 7 I believe that would then be the name of your app.
    (although the email could have been a little more clear because I did think it was a tablet specific sidekick to ar6)

    But I'm still annoyed that I literally just bought 6 with no idea vitae was about to drop i mean unless the half price is only for us, and the price I paid for 6 and will pay for vitae is still less than the vitae total price for people who dont have 6.
    And I'm annoyed it's on a platform my computer doesn't have. I tried reinstalling the app package for the windows store but am receiving errors.

    I'm going to have to format my PC just to get the windows store back. I never intended to have windows store on my pc. I don't really like being tied to a platform like that.

    And I'm wondering if you use PC and mac do you have to buy each version separately now? I prefer PC but I do go apple sometimes. :-(
    I feel bad for people still on win 7 too.

    but oh well to the future.
    Last edited by robotbeatrally; 08-07-2021 at 08:59 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    2

    Is this only a mobile version?

    I'm on a Mac, am on desktop version 6. Am confused - do not want a mobile version. If I buy from the Apple Store, am I receiving a mobile version?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCat View Post
    I'm on a Mac, am on desktop version 6. Am confused - do not want a mobile version. If I buy from the Apple Store, am I receiving a mobile version?
    ArtRage Vitae on the Apple App store is for MacOS desktop. The cool thing about the App store is that you cant buy the wrong version of ArtRage Vitae.
    Apple are very good at making sure you can only purchase the version of software that works with your version of the MacOS. We used to get a tonne of frustrated customers who had purchased the wrong version of ArtRage, and needed refunds and redirects to the correct edition. Now we're on the stores there will be far fewer frustrated customers! This is definitely good for our artists!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •