Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Artrage Vitae Mac

Thank you!

Qurstion re: AR Vitae functions

Quick questions to those who've already purchased:

1. Does ArtRage Vitae have any improvement in the transform tool (like being able to choose an anchor point for the scale rather than it always being central?

2. Does ArtRage Vitae include layer/clipping masks?

I'm still on AR5 and am wondering about upgrading when a M1 native version become available - these 2 features are my main bugbear.

If Andy sees this, will a Mac demo be available at any point?

I'm afraid the answers to 1 & 2 are both, no.
    What justifies the upgrade cost will vary from user to user.
    Key new things for me: the new max tool size of 800%, ability to set Action Shortcut Keys, the new time interval specified Auto Saves and access to the Real Colour Blending engine to pick just four, all very desirable!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    You remarks here are a little bit too harsh and irrational kenmo. Fire someone for not naming this Art Rage 7?
    Do you use Microsoft? They skipped from Windows 8 to Windows 10, what happened to 9? What about before 7, there was Vista, XP, 95, no one plus integer increase for every new release. I doubt many people want to see everyone at Microsoft fired for skipping an operating system named 9.
    Let it go, Art Rage is an excellent product, and fairly priced for all the features and options. I have never felt ripped off by purchasing their digital painting programs, in fact usually find surprise improvements and/or additions that make it feel like a good deal. If you misunderstand something they offer you and purchase that item and it does not work, I am certain Art Rage would arrange for you to get an exchange for something that does work for your honest intended purpose. It is very easy to misinterpret something that was honestly presented, give them another chance and let it go.
    Sorry you feel that way. The two graphics I often post on other forums, tweeter and Facebook that I believe are the best bargains are 3D Coat and ArtRage. I love ArtRage. I care about ArtRage. I use Artrage a lot and at it's price, it's a bargain.

I am just at odds over the current path Ambient Design is taking with Vitae.

If I did not care about ArtRage, then I would not be so worked up about it...

No offense meant to you or those who decided to upgrade.

Thanks for the reply Mark, that's helpful to know.

Out of interest, is the real colour blending in ARV much different to the same function in AR5?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Thanks for the reply Mark, that's helpful to know.

Out of interest, is the real colour blending in ARV much different to the same function in AR5?
    You can manually change what pairs of RGBCM and Y mixed with each other blend to make. Unfortunately the blending preferences are fixed to combinations of these specifically. You could not, for example, replicate the classic oil painting color wheel with complimentary blue-orange, red-green yellow-purple, where eg blue and orange make grey. But if you mostly already like real blending in AR as it is, you can now tweak it quite a bit.

Really, I am more interested in the quality of a product and it's usefulness not the name. Funny you should mention Honda Civic, I use my brothers car that is a Honda, have not been able to own a car in over 10 years, too poor.
    Do not like this car much, cars today are not as good as years ago. Miss my Ford (Tempo), Pontiac (Catalina and Sunbird).

For me personally, I do not like the way computer technology is moving to cloud based applications and operating systems. Linux was the last hold out yet they are slowly giving in to all the changes and trying to lock people into dependency and take away choices with on line repositories. So much for the days when Linux could boast of freedom. My first experience with computers was in the military and then college taking courses where you had labs with computers where you did things, no internet just programs and books/instructions. I am more interested in computers for programs over all the stuff on-line. That is the way I learned and got accustom to using computers. My first Computer Science course in college was learning Pascal, back then computer use involved a lot more figuring out things for yourself using tools of basic instructions written or in books.

I started artwork back in the 1960's in high school, all natural media. Got involved in career training programs for commercial, advertising and illustration art. Spent many years learning things like oil painting, acrylics, pastels, charcoals, tempera. Did some sign painting by hand and learned a lot of artwork for print production through natural media tools and things like rub on graphics for lettering. All the commercial aspects are now obsolete with computers changing everything yet the fine arts side of things is different. Although digital painting does present a unique approach to painting and drawing that is forgiving and in many ways a lot of repetitive things are made easier, digital painting is much more difficult to sell compared to natural media. I have not done anything in natural media since the 1980's yet lately have really considered returning to natural media and start spending a lot less time on computers trying to create artwork that no one is interested in buying. I have been at this for years and spent all kinds of time and money on trying different things, have a house full of framed and matted computer digital prints of my artwork just piled up from past years of endeavor and investment. Not to mention the time and effort put into my own web site that is a sort of on-line gallery of my artwork. I have not been able to make any sales of my artwork since getting into computer graphic arts and digital painting. Years ago I would at least occasionally sell something that would help pay the cost of supplies and materials when working in natural media. I find a lot of computer programs for creating artwork are great such as Art Rage, Corel Painter, The GIMP, MyPaint, and other vector format programs. Problem to me is trying to sell the finished product, bits and bytes compared to a real canvas with paint you can touch that has real texture instead of virtual texture, that is what people really are interested in buying from my experience.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Hi Stephen, that’s interesting to read because I’m just about to start a personal art project that was initially going to done with real life media (pen and ink washes), but then a few weeks ago I rediscovered ArtRage and decided to go down the digital route!

I often try to make things look like they not been created digitally, which works well for the viewing on screen, and I suppose is the main thinking behind using ArtRage.

It'll be exciting to see if this real media mimicary can be translated across to a physical printed copy. I’m not actually making anything to sell, although that would be nice. :-)

I'm very new to the Mac environment but from my perspective purchasing from the App Store was almost a bit too easy! One question though, how will we know when a bug fix or patch has automatically been downloaded?
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.1.2, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4

Hi Jono,
    It depends on how you have configured your Mac’s update preferences.
    It can do everything for you in the background and never bother you or you can set it to tell you when there are updates and you then decide if/when you instal them. Or something in-between, some installed automatically some not!
    See these pages for slightly more info;
    OS updates: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guid...mchlpx1065/mac and https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201541
    App updates: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202180
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Got it. Brilliant, thanks again Mark. So much to learn! (I even had to google how to take a screenshot the other day which would have been second nature on Windows).
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.1.2, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4