Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artrage Vitae Mac

Artrage Vitae Mac

Hi,

it is very unclear is Artrage Vitae is a companion app or the future of Artrage.
    Is there a demo available please ?

Keep up the good work

I'm a little confused too - however when I went into the MS store it brought up my desktop in the list of devices. So judging by that I think that this maybe the new ArtRage. I guess Andy will explain when he sees how confused we are.

Something I would like clarified - The email from Andy Quotes $39.50 as the discounted upgrade but the MS store has the discounted price at $59.97? I'm wondering if prices quoted are in US or AUD $'s
    Last edited by Enug; 08-05-2021 at 05:50 PM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

At least on the Windows Store there is a free demo version. So I think there will also be one for the MAC. Haven't tested it yet, so I'am still confused too. I thought ArtRage Vitae would be a mobile app? So it's not clear to me if it would work for me as desktop user, and if it would have any advantages for me. Or will it be the only universal ArtRage for the future? Think it needs a better communication.

I tried to download the free trial but I can't find it. My 7day trial is now down to 6 days and 21hrs - so where is it? And the ref to XBox is a mystery - do you have to have Xbox in order to install?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1691
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  cap.JPG
Views: 1621
Size:  25.2 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

I'm afraid I can't help you with this, June. In fact I have XBox installed, but I never used it. Thought it was only for gaming and wasting time in dumb social networks. And I'm afraid I will not have enough time during the next days to savour the time the trial version offers me.

I am also confused (but for PC) . I just bought it a few weeks ago, a little annoying if I bought it and a new version instantly comes out.

I actually removed windows store app package from my computer and don't have a Microsoft account so the platform change is a annoying.

I am very confused what Artrage Vitae exactly is.

Is it ArtRage 7?

If so kindly market it as ArtRage 7!! Calling it Vitae is somewhat misleading and seems like it is a new mobile app or something.

And you really need someone to write clear and concise marketing e-mails as the current one is very vague and confusing.

Sorry, but I do not like being confused by marketing promotions.

Unhappy OMG WTF You are doing it again?!?

Sorry, but I am more than confused and disappointed with the product policy and user treatment. What the hell are you doing??? The low price mobile Vitae was a small disaster... and I am not going to buy it again. It was not about the money, it is YOUR strange decision and update policy which makes me really angry and sad. And on top of that, I got your "upgrade" E-Mail about VITAE desktop... and you are doing the same fault again, but with the higher priced desktop app?!?!??!??!??! Seriously ?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
    ---
    I followed the mail link and it leads to the us store with $39,99... and then to the eu/german app store with 43,99 EURO ?
    I know, you have improved technical things like brush/image sizes. Much appreciated... but again: Isn't it something for a regular and long overdue update?
    The mac app store screenshots show the same (old and out-dated) UI. Nothing really says: "Hey, I am v7" or even "I am new, call me Vitae".

I wonder why do you still sell and promote ArtRage v6 as the latest and greatest on your Website? It feels a bit shady, that you try to get new customers with v6, while actually retiring that same product. WITHOUT telling or teasing something about your VITAE product. There is no tweet, no facebook, no blog article about it. It's totally hidden. Why???

Sorry for the harsh words and rant, but I can't find or say something positive in this case.
    Last edited by pepperstreet; 08-06-2021 at 09:48 AM. Reason: update on different pricing, lack of app store infos, no official announcement and future plans

Blimey...
    Okay... ArtRage Vitae is (currently) ArtRage 7. This is the latest edition of ArtRage and is the upgrade from ArtRage 6
    Because we've moved to the Windows Store and Apple Store updates and fixes will happen automatically. So version numbering isn't as important (although you can still see the version number in the 'About ArtRage' box, as well as finding an excellent recipe for peanut brownie cookies)
    The pricing in the mailout is USD - that should have been made clearer. The iTunes store (and Windows Store) are doing the currency conversion so the number appear different, but the actual price is the advertised 50% off the standard retail price.
    Some purchasers have already identified some bugs in the ArtRage Vitae release - this happens every time we do a major update (and ArtRage Vitae has some huge changes 'under the hood') We'll be doing a patch release within a couple of weeks. The cool thing about being on the two Stores is that the updates will happen automatically. You dont have to mess with downloads and serial numbers - when we fix something, or add something new, you get it when Windows and MacOS do their app updates.

There's never any intention to deceive or scam people. It's just that we're not perfect and try to do the best for our customers that we can. Sometimes that has unintended consequences.

I can recommend making a batch of the peanut brownie cookies from the 'About Box' though.

Thanks,
    Andy B.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Then kindly market it as version 7 and NOT Vitae.

Sorry but something simply does not seem right with your marketing. And it does appear very misleading.

A Google search and searches on youtube indicate Vitae is a mobile app.

I'm going to AVOID this version until someone comes clean with us and when the app is properly marketed as version 7.

Whoever thought of not marketing it as version 7 should be fired!!!!

AND I will NOT purchase apps via the Windows or Apple stores. PERIOD - end of discussion.

There are too many competing products which do not use confusing market strategies like ArtRage does.
    So I will be pursuing these apps until this issue is resolved, including renaming as version 7.
    Last edited by kenmo; 08-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.