Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitae & Apple Silicon Support?

Vitae & Apple Silicon Support?

Does anybody know if the new version is compatible with the M1 macs? Does it run natively, through Rosetta, or not at all? I’d like to jump on the new update but I can’t find any information in the pre-release information about the compatibility with Apple Silicon. I know that this was just announced but this information should probably be included and easy to find given the transition taking place with macs right now. Since trials don’t exist at the moment if you can only get this through the App Store, knowing whether or not this will run properly (or even open) on an M1 mac is important when you have to buy the software before finding out. If anybody from the dev team knows the answer and could let me know, I’d appreciate it.

I don't know about Macs but there is a free trial of one week so that should tell you if it is compatible with your setup.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

I also have this question re M1 Mac support and I can't see any way to download a trial through the Mac App Store.

Also, does this new way of purchasing mean that those of us who work on both Windows and Mac now need to buy the software twice?

I've not tried it yet, but I have a mac M1. The mac app store says under compatibility, 'Works on this Mac mini'.

I'm quite tempted as I've just moved to a Mac from Windows and would be upgrading from AR v4.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4

ArtRage Vitae (and ArtRage 6) work well on M1 Macs. Currently the support isn't native M1, but ArtRage has always been well optimized so you wont see performance issues.
    The top of my 'to do' list for ArtRage Vita is add native M1 support for MacOS. (well, that and address the bug reports we always get on major update. )
    The cool thing about being the App store is ArtRage Vitae owners will get the updates, features and fixes automatically without having to mess with installers and serial numbers.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    ArtRage Vitae (and ArtRage 6) work well on M1 Macs. Currently the support isn't native M1, but ArtRage has always been well optimized so you wont see performance issues.
    The top of my 'to do' list for ArtRage Vita is add native M1 support for MacOS. (well, that and address the bug reports we always get on major update. )
    The cool thing about being the App store is ArtRage Vitae owners will get the updates, features and fixes automatically without having to mess with installers and serial numbers.
    Thanks AndyRage! Can you confirm that this means people using both Windows and Mac now have to buy Artrage twice?

Just to follow up, I have now installed ARV v7.1.1 and it's working very smoothly on Mac mini M1.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
    Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, ArtRage Vitae v7.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Just to follow up, I have now installed ARV v7.1.1 and it's working very smoothly on Mac mini M1.
    Whew! Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheather View Post
    Thanks AndyRage! Can you confirm that this means people using both Windows and Mac now have to buy Artrage twice?
    Yes - we dont have the ability to cross license between the Windows store and the Mac App store. We're looking into ways to make this less painful (we may be able to offer some kind of rebate) but as at now we dont have the ability to mitigate having to buy a license for both stores if you're using PC as well as Mac.

Thanks for the answers. I also just bought it and so far, so good. Much faster even with bigger brushes on my M1 Mac Mini than the previous versions were running natively on my intel i7 MacBook Pro, so color me impressed. I can’t wait to see what the performance is going to be when it’s running on an M1 without running a translation layer.