Thread: Weird blue outlines with Lock Transparency

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Weird blue outlines with Lock Transparency

ArtRage doesnt have layer clipping/masks so I duplicate a layer and use Lock Transparency to paint or shade but I've noticed thatin ArtRage 6 when I use Lock Transparency on a layer and paint on the locked layer I often get a blue outline showing at the edge of the locked section and I am not sure why.

Has anyone else gotten this? I used this all the time on ArtRage 5, and didnt have any issues then upgraded to ArtRage 6.1.2 and only sometimes this happens, but when it does happen I have to manually go around the outside of the whole area to hide the outline.

E.g A solid red circle on the layer > Lock Transparency > Airbrush any colour multiply over half the circle > The airbrushed half will have a blue outline

Is this something im doing wrong in artrage 6 perhaps ? Maybe it's me using this feature wrong or does anyone else have this happen sometimes? I've added a screenshot where an outlines showed up at the edge of the red part where I aitbrushed using a multiply effect (trying to add gentle shadows etc).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock Transparency Outline.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	101761  
    Last edited by caitlinb; 06-21-2021 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Spelling