Thread: "Edit layer texture" has no effect

"Edit layer texture" has no effect

Artrage 6.
    Regardless of what texture I pick for a layer it will still use the Canvas Texture (which of course I uncheck). I think I'm doing everything correctly and yet it doesn't work.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hi Aledin!

I think this is in fact a bug. I noticed it too several times. But I'm not sure if I or anyone else reported it.

Edit: But as I noticed a minute ago, at least sometimes it seems to work correctly. I tested it with the Halftone for ArtRage textures, and that worked without problems. So I'm not really sure. I don't use this opportunity verry often. But I remember having had the same problems as you have in the past.

What was your worklflow doing this?
    Last edited by Somerset; 06-13-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Hi Somerset,

I simply made a new layer and painted on it first. Then decided to change its texture, but whatever I did it was only affected by the canvas texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Aledin View Post
    Hi Somerset,

I simply made a new layer and painted on it first. Then decided to change its texture, but whatever I did it was only affected by the canvas texture.
    OK, that can't work. You have to apply the canvas texture first, before you paint on it.

For different canvas textures for different layers, you have to apply the canvas textures for the additional layers with "Edit Layer Texture" in the submenu of the layers panel, not in the Canvas Settings panel (think you did this well).

An oppurtunity to change the background texture of a painting could be to ad a texture to the painting on a lower layer and add a blend mode to the layer with the painting on it. But that will not be the same.

oh, I see. Thanks a lot! That's good to know!