Thread: Hour glass stand WIP

Hour glass stand WIP

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I posted any artwork. I believe the last one I did was January.
    What can I say? School has been super busy. I have a little more time this summer since I'm only taking two classes.
    Figured I could work on a new project in between assignments.

As much as I love space scenes and nebula, really I love anything natural. I've begun work on an hour glass stand/scene that is representative of nature and fantasy.
    Admittedly, the base drawing is from a coloring book that caught my eye and it is not my own original drawing.
    Having said that, What good is having a scanner and a tracing function in ArtRage if not to be able to color the same pages of a coloring book in infinite ways?

Here's what I have so far. It's really just getting started blocking in colors. I'm using an alcohol marker like preset for the felt pen and ink pen for this so far, rather than my usual airbrushing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hourglass tree.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	101734

part 2 along the way

Latest update. Added background color to the top and cleaned up it's edges. Started work on the base.

Name:	Hourglass tree part 2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	101736

Another stage of progress for the day. Closer to completing the base of the hourglass.

Name:	Hourglass tree part 3.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	101741

Latest progress. It's not as much as I would have liked, but progress comes in its own time.
    Added the star scene behind the mountains and started blending the mountains with their snow peaks. More worked needed on the mountains, but good start.

Name:	Hourglass tree part 4.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	101755