Thread: Strange Days

Strange Days

Hi all, not dead yet!
    Messing about with the Selection tools, Layer effects and the Fill tool. Loads of potential for weirdness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strange days.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	101698  

Very mid-century, daddy-o.

After all this time I'm personally gratified to see you still can render the silhouette of a sheep with the best of 'em. . . or some such Scottish quadruped friend. I take that to mean you're still way north of Hadrian's Wall.

Nice lighting effect. Good to see you again, Mr. F-P.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very mid-century, daddy-o.

After all this time I'm personally gratified to see you still can render the silhouette of a sheep with the best of 'em. . . or some such Scottish quadruped friend. I take that to mean you're still way north of Hadrian's Wall.

Nice lighting effect. Good to see you again, Mr. F-P.

It's probably a sheep dog, so close.
    Good to see you are still gracing this place Mr D Akey. Technically I am South of Hadrian's Wall despite being in Scotland, I'm on the dangly bit near Ireland. Where it is wild and windy.
    Are you still living with the cacti?

Yeah, I'm in the Los Angeles, California area but the only cacti that I see are store bought for landscaping on in small pot in a window sill, since you're not allowed to take them from their natural habitat.

It does get hot here. Get farther out into the desert areas and you might find a goodly amount of the needly plants. But it's mostly scrub brush in these parts. There was a ton of prickly pear cactus on Santa Cartalina Island 26 miles across the sea, if the song got it right.

Anyway, you seem to have found some wonderful places to live. Hope your neck of the woods is nearly as beautiful as your previous digs -- basing it on my memory of your idyllic landscape photos. But I'm partial to rolling greenery and masses of trees.

So keep making Art if you get the notion. It's always fun seeing your travels through inner and outer space whether in photos or paintings.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Here you go Mr D Akey, The green one is the view from my front door, the night one is around the back of the house, and the wet ones are 10 minutes away where I walk the pooch.
    I'm not moving again any time soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0345-Edit.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	382.3 KB 
ID:	101703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08578-Pano-Edit-2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	261.8 KB 
ID:	101702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08709-Edit.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	101701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0326-Edit-Edit.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	101704  

Wow! Photos are still remarkable. Look at that sky though. Amazing. Glad you found a visual center place for yourself. Any way you turn you have a classic.

I can see why you have done so many surreal images in the starscape. It's half real and half where your fancy takes you in such a visually creative context.

Hey old friend, glad to see you, in fact, ain't dead yet. Been a long time.
    Love seeing what you are kicking around.
    And those photos of your environs - wow.
    All best, and keep on trukin'.
    b
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here