Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

We had eggs hatch. We are on the migration route, near a traditional wildlife area and it's Spring. So yesterday there were 11 ducklings and a mama in the pool. The mother was in and out of the pool and the babies couldn't quite jump high enough to get out. I laid down a ramp of sorts of a foam pad that they could climb out on. But they were having none of it. Probably stank of humans or they were told the tale of Hansel and Gretyl. . . or, schufferin' soucatash, thought I was just another Elmer Fudd.

Anyway, I also put the hose on into the pool to raise the water lever so the jump was more within reach. Later when I went out, all were under Mama's wings like when they were eggs and Mama was looking at me like "SSSSShhhhhhhh! Don't wake them! I just put then all to bed!"

Anyway, the look in her eye was not this strong as in your wonderfully emotive painting. But if dad was around I think he might have used your pic as a calling card.

Good one, Enug!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream