Thread: me,few years ago

me,few years ago

I am not in the traditional representation but realistic enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me_2021_25%.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	455.3 KB 
ID:	101544
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

Hello Dany. . . You look very sweet peeking in from the Past. I wonder what the view is like in hindsight. You may even put on the album by The Moody Blues, "Days of Future Past" to get into the Time experience. I loved that album in high school (1000 years ago), but I don't know how it plays today. It may sound nostalgic and dated. So if you can turn your head so your ear is poking through (on YouTube) you may hear the Past as well as letting us see it.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hello Dany. . . You look very sweet peeking in from the Past. I wonder what the view is like in hindsight. You may even put on the album by The Moody Blues, "Days of Future Past" to get into the Time experience. I loved that album in high school (1000 years ago), but I don't know how it plays today. It may sound nostalgic and dated. So if you can turn your head so your ear is poking through (on YouTube) you may hear the Past as well as letting us see it.

I am confused too , painting, sounds and words , am I related to some of it ? David Anstey –( cover design, cover painting) is good, if you refer to that you probably have a spectacular memory to remember the cover of the Album,
    I don't know much about the pop art but perhaps I am doing it with out knowing it ...
    1000 years ago I was listening to Chopin and other Classics, I tried to listen to The Moody Blues, almost half of the album, is good too, not really for my age
    I believe.
    As for the words... my English is my third language, I am still learning it even on this forum, but don't expect to understand the words on music unless I have the text to read and my WordWeb and a lot of time , as is a very different universe from mine I thank You very much for let me discover that music.

I may have a narcissistic tendency some times but not all times.

Am I a pop artist, I wander ...

You certainly know that less is more , simplicity is the best as I know ... then , You get less :

Name:	me_2021a2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	295.6 KB 
ID:	101636

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Coo work of art...looks fantastic....
    Thank You kenmo, for the comment and I learned from You the word coo ,
    in the beginning I thought You want to say cool but probably not

In my teenage past _ just a sketch _ me and my Younger niece

I live actually in the town where I only go to the highschool and read a lot of books, I didn't knew anybody in town,
    I still remain a stranger here.

from a family photo ,b&w, I did a sketch and few variants ,
    just for personal remembering ...

Name:	family portrait 11a.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	101637

The photo reference :

Name:	family portrait_ b&w1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	101638

I just realize that I am the only one still alive for the moment, God bless them all .

Realmente impresionantes tus pinceladas, y muy creativas todas tus obras... Felicitaciones!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Very interesting to share your family and part of your story. I'm sorry for so much loss for you. You resembled your mother in the face somewhat. Your painting of you and your niece is very good. It almost feels like a Madonna theme borrowed and put into a modern variation.

Chopin is marvelous, of course. I used to listen to his nocturnes and they seeped in as I would lay half asleep listening. I particularly love Op.9/1 so much so that I bought a lesson to learn to play it on piano. Just got so busy that I can't practice it which is frustrating. So I just listen instead.

Your use of the comment that "Less is more" as you covered more of your face with art is quite a statement both for the words of in your post and the art image. Keep up the fine work. It's very fresh and surprising.

Last edited by D Akey; 05-17-2021 at 06:08 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You so much damasocle

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very interesting to share your family and part of your story. I'm sorry for so much loss for you. You resembled your mother in the face somewhat. Your painting of you and your niece is very good. It almost feels like a Madonna theme borrowed and put into a modern variation.

Chopin is marvelous, of course. I used to listen to his nocturnes and they seeped in as I would lay half asleep listening. I particularly love Op.9/1 so much so that I bought a lesson to learn to play it on piano. Just got so busy that I can't practice it which is frustrating. So I just listen instead.

Your use of the comment that "Less is more" as you covered more of your face with art is quite a statement both for the words of in your post and the art image. Keep up the fine work. It's very fresh and surprising.

You are all the time so pertinent in Your comments ; is mainly a great risk to share a family photo,
    even if they are not here anymore they are still her with me as a mental perception ; I may think all day about them and not finish with my imagination.
    I loved very much my parents and still had to fight for my freedom of being myself , I imagine that we all have to experiment this side of our lives.
    About the resemblance,I am not sure of anything, my father saw in me my mother and my mother saw in me my father (specially after they get separated)
    and this until the end ; I was too child in my heart to speak with them as a grown person and in consequence I couldn't help them at all.
    We had a lot of silence and imagination .
    For me each one is a unique and unreplaceable person , is just my vision of life ; the shore of life is a sand of unique different grains of sparks.

I just get a ride to the site of CGS and it is so much better than few years ago, less scary and more inspired.

I don't know why I prefer to remain in the 2D field, anyway I don't have to much time left, I must do with what I got until now.
    I hope that we will have soon the AR7, the oil brushes are a problem for me.

the sketch with my cousin is the first time that I just didn't save the painting,this was a previous version,
    thanks for your kind comment.

Name:	family portrait 6.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	101691
    Last edited by Dany51; 05-23-2021 at 06:37 PM.