Thread: Is there a Burn Tool (PS) equivalent

Is there a Burn Tool (PS) equivalent

I tried going into Custom Brush and Brush Designer but have not been able to replicate the Burn Tool one finds in PS.
    Is there a way to do it?

I believe you could accomplish what you are looking for by setting a new layer on Burn blend mode and painting with black/white using any brush to apply it. That's how I adjusted my shadows and highlights on my nebula painting.

I don't know if this will help but I have made two airbrush presets for colour burn and colour dodge. In this example I have applied the airbrush over an oilbrush stroke. The colour burn has the same settings but the blend mode is changed.

Name:  BURN.JPG
Views: 2062
Size:  12.0 KB Name:  DODGE.JPG
Views: 1669
Size:  23.8 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

I totally forgot that you can change the blend mode in the preset of the tools. I've been so busy with school that I haven't painted since January. Also probably forgot because I prefer to keep my adjustments on their own layer until I'm satisfied with them, then I merge down.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigen813 View Post
    I believe you could accomplish what you are looking for by setting a new layer on Burn blend mode and painting with black/white using any brush to apply it. That's how I adjusted my shadows and highlights on my nebula painting.
    Thanks i think that's working ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigen813 View Post
    I totally forgot that you can change the blend mode in the preset of the tools. I've been so busy with school that I haven't painted since January. Also probably forgot because I prefer to keep my adjustments on their own layer until I'm satisfied with them, then I merge down.
    Thanks for the tip with the separate layer!

It worked out, it worked for me.