Hello,

I started using Art Rage recently and I really like it,

However, some very 'basic' things are extremely difficult to do in this program.

Right now I started trying to 'edit' references by simply wanting to get 'true black' and spray-paint (or whatever) 'around' the image to clean it up and leave only the reference area I want to see.

Thought it would be a pretty simple thing but soon enough I realized every tool I picked always ended up 'gray-ish' on the picture.

Note the first picture I opened had a clear 'true black' on the sides so I basically 'dropper-ed' it (used the dropper tool to 'grab' the black from the picture),

but when I 'applied' that same black, no matter the tool, I always got some muddied gray out of it.

So basically, -- How the Heck do you get "True Black" in this program?? And apply it as such??

Thanks all for the help

(Honestly this ties into a more fundamental question -- how exactly do you get a 'true colour' in the program in general?

If I want to apply a colour like a typical 'digital paint program', without any 'realistic colour tool effects', how do I do it?)