Thread: Boston Bruins bear drawing

Boston Bruins bear drawing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210405_152130_878.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	101440 I did this drawing just for me. Many others who has done a Bruins bear. Wanted to do one my self

Not bad. I would suggest you look at the way clothes show volume and look for points of stress where the body pushes out the shirt rather than it just hang like a flag with no wind.

For example in this one I would have expanded the torso where it pushed the hanging fabric out showing more solid bearlike strength. You usually don't have a problem with showing there is a body underneath the uniforms. So maybe it was because you were inventing this one from scratch. Anyway, he looks fierce with that sort of Grizzly howl.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Not bad. I would suggest you look at the way clothes show volume and look for points of stress where the body pushes out the shirt rather than it just hang like a flag with no wind.

For example in this one I would have expanded the torso where it pushed the hanging fabric out showing more solid bearlike strength. You usually don't have a problem with showing there is a body underneath the uniforms. So maybe it was because you were inventing this one from scratch. Anyway, he looks fierce with that sort of Grizzly howl.

You are so right .. I'm working on it now :-)

Lightbulb

B careful with this one, (B)ears on ice could be (B)rutal. Bear looks hungry for perhaps a few more wins to get their standings above the .500 average this season? Three Bs for this mascot: Boston Bruins Bear?
    Nice artwork design caricature.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lo Piano View Post
    B careful with this one, (B)ears on ice could be (B)rutal. Bear looks hungry for perhaps a few more wins to get their standings above the .500 average this season? Three Bs for this mascot: Boston Bruins Bear?
    Nice artwork design caricature.
    Thank you! :-) :-)