Thread: The Private Peninsula

Red face The Private Peninsula

I would guess such a place could never exist in reality, appears the place of residence would get flooded too often as a result of being surrounded by water.
    Taken totally from imagination, no reference used. Good excuse for lack of actual photo realistic quality, could cover up my lack of digital painting skills? What the heck, just for fun.
    Notice in forum discussions at other web sites that controversy and confusion exists about using reference in artwork or copying something. Seems to me that just about everything you see in reality would be copied from something someone else either owned or created. Imagination seems to be the only safe way to go where no conflicts exist. That is not the way I was trained in art schools back in the 1960's and 1970's, things seem to have changed since then. Perhaps that is why such strange and abstract paintings such as "The Scream", or "Mauve" have become so valuable. You could potentially by accident create something from imagination that has already been created and not even realize it with over 7.5 billion people in the world and the thousands upon millions of images being created in today's world.

For this digital image tried including some of Art Rage's features, such as: Glitter Tube- Easy Dirt, Sticker Spray- Pines, Sticker Spray- Grass, Sticker Spray- Shrub Grass, Sticker Spray- Simple Leaves and a few others. Also used the Oil Brush and Airbrush with their variants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Private Peninsula - Finished.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	418.5 KB 
ID:	101537  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 04-22-2021 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Made some mistakes that needed correction.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Certainly valid points about imagination.

I think perhaps one of the things that set those artists apart are a personal style that has some appeal and their subjects or colors or swash of stroke or placid feeling. There is something that resonates inside the viewer. It's that handshake where the painting takes on the added dimension as the viewer completes the experience. It's arguably not merely one-sided where it's only about the artist -- to make waves in the world.

I mean painting it as an endpoint for the artist is perfectly valid, but if they care about the audience at all, the artist aims it that way a little or a lot. Sure the artist's primary motivation is to satisfy themselves in doing a work of Art, but I think at some point there has to be some acknowledgment of the viewer if the painting is going to be regarded as great by others because the pass (football metaphor) has to be within catching distance if it's going to mean anything in the game.

I'm not talking about personal stuff like journaling or using painting to surface repressed emotions in a Jungian way or whatever. But that's just where I'm coming from. Other people will doubtless have their own take on things.

Anyway, I've enjoyed watching your paintings roll by over the years. Your style is distinctive and I can see your passion. Your story is in the details. Good stuff and keep painting, Stephen!

Last edited by D Akey; 03-12-2021 at 08:11 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

So much to look at in this picture. Sticker sprays are fun!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Lightbulb Custome Framed- The Private Peninsula

Here's a digital custom frame for this painting. Created this one with U-Lead Photo Impact 5, rather old program yet very good for creating custom frames for digital paintings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Private Peninsula Framed.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	101538  
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

I have my own nostalgia about old programs and forgotten painters ;
    sometimes I open AR2 just to remember how it was then.

I did take a look to your website and I had a clear Idea about some relation to
    Henri Rousseau that You may have,
    maybe is not evident , maybe I am wrong , I don't know if You ever felt close to this painter :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Rousseau

Thank You for what You are doing .
    Last edited by Dany51; 04-22-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art