Thread: Snow is fun

Snow is fun

A Sibe enjoying playing in the snow

Name:  sibe2 copy.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  234.4 KB

It sure is fun! Are we having wintery fun or what. It's something these poor dogs don't see in Los Angeles at all. Way too hot for that breed. They're designed for cold. And what great sport this one's having!

I love the colors in the dog. They're perfect and rich.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D Akey we use to breed Sibe show dogs and we had many champions around the world. It’s been 10 years since our last one died. At its peek we had 19 Sibes in our kennel which is some 70 ft long.

What fun! It sounds like it was fun for you too. breeding and showing champion Siberian Huskies. You must have many happy memories of those times. Great painting by the way.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    What fun! It sounds like it was fun for you too. breeding and showing champion Siberian Huskies. You must have many happy memories of those times. Great painting by the way.
    Thanks June, many happy memories of dog shows and our many achievements , One of our dogs Toro was top male Siberian in all of Australia, He was an American, Canadian and Australian champion
    Regards Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    . . .One of our dogs Toro was top male Siberian in all of Australia, He was an American, Canadian and Australian champion
    So that makes me wonder, did you not have long quarantine periods for animals back then or did they make a special time period for competitive animals? I seem to recall that shipping animals between countries, long before COVID, there were still wait periods to make sure they weren't carrying anything.

Was that the case for you?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    So that makes me wonder, did you not have long quarantine periods for animals back then or did they make a special time period for competitive animals? I seem to recall that shipping animals between countries, long before COVID, there were still wait periods to make sure they weren't carrying anything.

Was that the case for you?
    Although the dog was of our breeding he was owned by good friends and their business took them to Australia for a number years and we did all the quarantine for them at our kennels.
    after quarantine we shipped Toro and their other Siberian to Australia.
    We did things in reverse when they returned to Canada.