Thread: Our Ghost

Our Ghost

I know we have a lot of cats !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghost.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	101259

As always, great expression. If I may make a suggestion, adding some shadow to the ground could make the cat sit in that environment a bit more solidly. Even inventing a soft or hard shadow could integrate everything. When you're working so subtlety, the shadow would also do well to be subtle but it would still do its work.

But I do love black cats. Had them for decades now. And I know how tough they can be to photograph and still show dimension.

Anyway, loving how you really get the spirit of your animals you paint. Clearly you know them very well because those are the characteristics you bring out.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    As always, great expression. If I may make a suggestion, adding some shadow to the ground could make the cat sit in that environment a bit more solidly. Even inventing a soft or hard shadow could integrate everything. When you're working so subtlety, the shadow would also do well to be subtle but it would still do its work.

But I do love black cats. Had them for decades now. And I know how tough they can be to photograph and still show dimension.

Anyway, loving how you really get the spirit of your animals you paint. Clearly you know them very well because those are the characteristics you bring out.

Thanks D Akey I was trying to put a slight shadow under the cat but found in this case not too effective due to the blackness of her coat.
    Much easier to add a realistic shadow on lighter colours.
    Geoff

You have gotta love black cats! Lovely work.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks June, glad you had a good birthday, I was wondering where you had got to.
    Geoff