Thread: Huion Kamvas 20 Pen Display

Huion Kamvas 20 Pen Display

I just bought a Huion Kamvas 20 Pen Display. I have it connected to an Asus laptop running Windows 7. I get the display I want on the laptop and the pen tablet. I want to connect a 50 inch television to the setup also. That way I can see what I am drawing/painting on the big screen TV. I can get the laptop to work with the TV and I can get it to work with the tablet, but I can't get alll three to work at the same time. If I can't get all three to work together, I am out of luck since I need the large TV as part of the setup since the pictures on the laptop and tablet are not large enough for me to truly see what I am doing. Any help I can get to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am using ArtRage 4.5.Thanks again for any help I can get.

Phestus

I'm wondering, in your special case, why you bought a pen display instead of a pen tablet. I guess with a simple pen tablet as input device, you wouldn't have this trouble. Anyway, some additional software like this "Actual Multiple Monitors" might be helpful. I don't have any personal experience with it, but you can try before you buy. So you might wanna give it a chance. Athough you can move single ArtRage elements like the reference panel or the layer panel to a second or a third screen, without such additional software, I'm afraid you won't be able to mirror/duplicate the complete ArtRage editing window displayed on your pen display to another screen.

Btw: I'm wondering if there is or has been a separate canvas navigator window in ArtRage (like Photoshop or KRITA has). This navigator window, dragged and expanded to a second screen, although with a pretty laggy performance, could also be helpful.

You have to google for "Actual Multiple Monitors" cause I'm not allowed to post URLs. Sigh.

You want to connect to a 50 inch TV screen? I could be wrong since I have never tried the use of every TV out there yet from my personal experience a screen bigger than 32" may not have a good visual effect. Pixels will appear larger and start to cause a less than sharp view despite any screen resolution adjustment you may attempt to improve. I could be wrong, maybe there are some TVs that will not cause this problem, I am truthfully not a technical expert on this subject, just replying based on personal experience.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Huion Kamvas 20 pen display

Hello Jules,

Thankws for the quick reply and the info on the software. I will definitely check into that. My reason for wanting to do the setup as I described is that I have Macular Degeneration and am legally blind. Also, I am 83 years old and need all the help I can get. Right now I just need something large enough so that I can see some of what I am doing. Thanks again for the suggestion you provided.

Phestus

aHuion Kamvas 20 Pen Display

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. You are probably right about the TV resolution and the pixels. However, as I mentioned to Jules, I am legally blind and 83 years old, so with my vision as it is, a few pixels won't bother me at all. I just want to get an idea of where my lines and paint are at. Out of focus, and a few pixels shouldn't be thaat much of a problem. Just let me have some idea of where to put my next dab of paint. A thought just came to mind, maybe I should consider abstract art, I might be able to get away with that. I will check out your site. I can sure use some inspiration. Thanks again Stephen.

Phestus