Thread: A bit confused

A bit confused

I can’t find what version I am working with. I know, from the members area that have AR 4\5\& 6 complete with serial numbers. I also notice that the download green button is still green. Does the green button turn color if you touch it so as to download? I also noticed that in the help section at the top centre I have 2.4.0 showing for a version. I am confused ��*♀️
    One other thing, I have AR6, can I use it on my iPad Pro? I thought it was only for the laptops and desk models. I paid for it, does that mean it can’t be used on iPad Pro.
    Last edited by DJM; 02-19-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Hi DJM,

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I can’t find what version I am working with.
    When you open AR the first image you see also has the name of the version. I

Does the green button turn color if you touch it so as to download?
    No the download button doesn't change colour when you click on it.

I also noticed that in the help section at the top centre I have 2.4.0 showing for a version. I am confused ��*♀️
    I'm confused with the question so I can't answer I'm afraid. In the member area my previous versions are listed. The first is 2.6. Is that what you meant?

I have AR6, can I use it on my iPad Pro? I thought it was only for the laptops and desk models. I paid for it, does that mean it can’t be used on iPad Pro.
    The desktop and IOS versions are different from each other. The app for phones and tablets is not as fully featured as the desktop version. You will have to purchase the IOS version for $US4.99.

I hope some of this helps.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi DJM, and just to re-afirm what June has said…
    Your AR account will show you the latest version/s available for download for all the version/s that you have previously purchased.
    To see which version/s you currently have on your computer, there are several ways to find this out;
    1: Go to your Applications folder in Finder > right click on the ArtRage app and choose ‘get info’. This will tell you some basic info about the app, including which version it is.
    2: Launch ArtRage and in the bottom left corner of the starting splash screen in AR6 you will see it’s version number. In AR5 it’s in the the top right corner and in AR4 it’s bottom left corner.
    3: If you missed the splash screen, once AR is running, in the Menubar go to; ‘ArtRage’ > About ArtRage. In the top left corner of the About window you will see it’s version number. (and if you are very lucky, while the About window is open, Tycho may start leaving paw prints all across you’r screen!)

The desktop versions of AR are not written for the iOS iPad operating system and so they can not be run on it, and vice versa.
    Yes, v2.4.0 I believe is the most recent iPad version available.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you both for a prompt reply

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Hi DJM,

When you open AR the first image you see also has the name of the version. When I open AR my first image is what I was last working on.

No the download button doesn't change colour when you click on it.Thanks

I'm confused with the question so I can't answer I'm afraid. In the member area my previous versions are listed. The first is 2.6. Is that what you meant?
    In the members area I have AR 4/5/&6 each with a serial number. I am just not sure as to whether I should hit the download button beside AR 5? I have and use AR on my iPad Pro my laptop is not working.

The desktop and IOS versions are different from each other. The app for phones and tablets is not as fully featured as the desktop version. You will have to purchase the IOS version for $US4.99.

I hope some of this helps.
    it did thanks