Thread: 20 or 22 inch pen display

20 or 22 inch pen display

I am currently using a 3rd gen iPad and Ios ArtRage. The iPad is just too small. I have an iMac with latest OS and a Windows laptop, running Windows 7, both running ArtRage 4.5. Both large computers run very well as currently configured, using a digital tablet. I am considering jumping into the pen display configuration. I have been looking at a 20 inch and a 22 inch Huion pen display. I don't want spend money unnecessarily but I do need to move up and get off the iPad. I am legally blind so a large work area is very important. My Mac has a 27 inch screen and I can connect the laptop to a 50 inch TV. My question is, is the 2 inch difference between the two displays of great significance or could I get by with the 20 inch and not effect my situation in a major way? I know this is probably a matter of choice but hearing from members who may have faced a similar situation would be a great help to me. I look forward to hearing from any members who can/will provide some suggestions. Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this and who are willing to provide any helpful recommendations.

Best Regards,

Phestus

Hi Phestus,
    Well, I can’t say that I’ve ever really heard anyone say that their screen is too big to work on!
    I had or rather have, just not here, a 22” second monitor which I can just about get an A3 painting to display life size on. As A3 is my preferred print size being able to see the entire painting on screen life size is very useful.
    So I would say that if you have the desk space and your finances can run to the 22” screen tablet, then get that.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

20 or22 inch display tablet

Hello Markw

Thanks so much for the quick reply and the good info. I was pretty well leaning toward the 22 and your answer ssealed the deal. Now I just have to convince the War Department that it will be a god investment. I'm kinda like Johnny Cash, she makes me walk the line. It will be a little while before I place my order, vut I don't think Amazon will run out of the 22 inch. Again, Thanks for your reply and the good info. Stay healthy...

Phestus

hello there.

Im REALLY short sighted and yes, every bit of screen real estate on a drawing display counts.

I ve been using an iMac 27inch and running an XP Pen 22E Pro. So 22inch drawing tablet. I m VERY surprised of the great performance I m getting from it. So happy that I m
    considering getting their latest 24" model they have on offer. Yes, just for those two extra inches. Also, because it comes with a higher resolution.

Incredible good value for money and works super well in every production, with my ArtRage; Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects. I ve been using Wacoms since the late
    90s for digital Illustration and had a nice 16" Cintiq last, but the added screen real estate for a fraction of the price with a neglient performance difference, made me try the XP Pen 22E Pro.
    two years ago. 12 hot keys, a great fully adjustable stand, two pens, glove, glass surface (no more clouding like on Wacom) and only a slightly different feel to drawing at a fraction of the price.
    Excellent value for money. They always have some promotion or other going so you can get really good deals.

Hope that helps.