Thread: looking for answer to art / tech related question about exporting an image w/o white

Question looking for answer to art / tech related question about exporting an image w/o white

I am working in ArtRage6 on a Mac. I have created a character and tried to export it without the white background. I want to place it in another painting. I've tried exporting it as a ptg, PNG, Jpeg, Tiff and tried to also put it into photoshop to eliminate the background but can't seem to get rid of that white background. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Jarco,

You need a 'cell' canvas layer that is transparent. Here is where you find it. View/Canvas Settings/Canvas Presets/Special/Cell Remember to export as .png.

Name:  cell.JPG
Views: 1327
Size:  31.2 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Another opportunity could be to drag the Opacity-Slider of the Canvas Settings to zero. But even this will only work if you export your image as a PNG, because it is the only available export-data-format in ArtRage that supports transparency.

Wink thanks Enug.

it worked! much appreciated.