Thread: Exporting Custom Brushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When you say iOS do you in fact mean macOS?
    I don’t have an iOS device so have no idea if you can export presets from it. Or how you would find where they are stored to copy them

And yes, I was just thinking back there copying from OS to same OS. Not having a Windows system I’ve never tried to see if Copy & Past of the ArtRage folder would work between Mac and Windows.

On the desktop versions of AR, the actual assets; tools, canvases, presets, etc… that are found in the ‘Contents’ folder are I think all bilingual when it comes to sharing them, so Copy/Paste should work for them between OS’s.
    However I’m not sure if the following files and folders in the ArtRage folder are OS bilingual;
    ArtRage6.prs,
    currentshortcuts.sck,
    globalsamples.col,
    language.prs,
    PaintLink.prs,
    resources_installed.prs,
    And the contents of these two Folders;
    Friends
    Resources > Styles

It would be interesting to know if the ArtRage folder can be transplanted?
    But whether you want to try experimenting and see which files are actually bilingual would of course be entirely at your own risk.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    When you say iOS do you in fact mean macOS?
    I don’t have an iOS device so have no idea if you can export presets from it. Or how you would find where they are stored to copy them

And yes, I was just thinking back there copying from OS to same OS. Not having a Windows system I’ve never tried to see if Copy & Past of the ArtRage folder would work between Mac and Windows.

On the desktop versions of AR, the actual assets; tools, canvases, presets, etc… that are found in the ‘Contents’ folder are I think all bilingual when it comes to sharing them, so Copy/Paste should work for them between OS’s.
    However I’m not sure if the following files and folders in the ArtRage folder are OS bilingual;
    ArtRage6.prs,
    currentshortcuts.sck,
    globalsamples.col,
    language.prs,
    PaintLink.prs,
    resources_installed.prs,
    And the contents of these two Folders;
    Friends
    Resources > Styles

It would be interesting to know if the ArtRage folder can be transplanted?
    But whether you want to try experimenting and see which files are actually bilingual would of course be entirely at your own risk.
    Sorry yes, MacOS. Yes I'll experiment. I'm a bit thick when it comes to computers so it could take some time. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks