Thread: Curious Kitten

Curious Kitten

Just another cat/kitten - I can't help myself.

Name:  Curious KittenAR.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  183.4 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

I would say mischievous not curious as it looks like it is ready for mischief .
    Very nicely done June.

The kitten is marvelous. You're just getting better and better all the time with the textures, and of course the attitudes are great.

In order to root the figures inside the picture, you may want to start assembling a similar bag of tricks to enhance their presence in the environment. One suggestion, maybe the most important, is to start playing around with cast shadows. One benefit is that it anchors the figures and there's some wiggle room as to how accurate one needs to be versus how one wants to aesthetically design the image with lighting. Depending on how ambitious one is, you can really make the environment an interesting support to the subject. And the more interactive the lighting throughout the picture, the more complete the illusion.

But that kitten is pretty awesome. Go June!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Colour pallette selection and mirroring is perfect. I love the subtlety of the lilac shades We need a like button :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kate12345 View Post
    We need a like button :-)
    Having been on the various sites that use like buttons, (YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, etc) I very much prefer the personal touch that forums have always had. It takes genuine effort to post the kind of topics and replies that we do here, and not having a like button takes away the competitive feel of "who has more likes" that even sites like Reddit can enable.

I feel better about my posts only get 1 or 2 replies than about my posts on Reddit that get likes, even if the latter gets 30 likes.
    Heck, even if all someone has to say is "I like this," I get more satisfaction than multiple people clicking like buttons and that doesn't take much longer.

ArtRage is one of the few forums still around that has this genuine nature about it from my perspective.

Thanking all for your comments. Always appreciated.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

Extraordinario...!!!! Muy bien logrado!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Muchas gracias!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.